What to do next

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summersalt

Reaction score
I just purchased my first parker and love it , 1995 2520 with a Yamaha four stroke 150 mounted on transom. It goes about 30 mph at wot and sips fuel. Boat is used off the coast of Maine and is perfect So far . Hull pounds in bigger seas and need to slow to about 20. I was thinking about adding a bracket and a second 150. The question is will more HP help boat go faster in bigger seas or am I wasting money and should just leave it As is and enjoy. Thank you for your thoughts.

Wow, that boat sounds seriously underpowered, I'm surprised you can get it to plane. For reference, most people with your platform consider a 225 to be the bare minimum power, more if it's a deep vee hull. That being said, if you're happy with the boat the way it is, more power is not going to get you a better ride in rougher sea conditions. However, it will keep you from overworking your motor constantly. In your situation I would go to a higher HP single outboard before making the jump to twins.

I agree. Based on all the Parkers I've ever seen, that is the lowest HP motor I've ever heard of on a 25. Are you sure it didn't have another engine that just fell off and no one told you before you bought it? :cool:

That’s seriously under powered. Dry weight of boat is 5300 lbs.

Well, here are my thoughts. Yes it seems underpowered. I have a modified V with a single 300. However, if you are happy with how it runs and speed is not an issue, if it ain't broke don't fix it. If and when your motor is beyond repair then consider the change. My 2520 can do 40+ on very smooth water, but how many times do you have really smooth water? When I get rougher water I am going about 23 and still get a bit banged around.

Back