What would you do ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I came back and docked my boat at my marina. I’m cleaning the boat and as flushing my motor with fresh water I hear the alarm go off. Overheating alarm. I see the owner near my hose valve. She closed the valve because she didn’t see me and thought I forgot to close the water valve. I started to yell and told her never do that. Words when back and forth. I didn’t have time to check motor yet but I’m sure damage was done. I had to leave last night to go to city but if she burnt out the impeller or worst what should I do?

Refer her to an eye doctor. How far could you have been from the water source?

Unleashed":1lcbmlxi said:
Refer her to an eye doctor. How far could you have been from the water source?
I was on the boat. In the cabin. Going to start it in Am.

If the alarm went off, then the impeller is smoked. Something like this happened to me about a year ago. Replace the whole kit not just the impeller, the plastic housing gets so hot it melts.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Marty D":zyhcw866 said:
I came back and docked my boat at my marina. I’m cleaning the boat and as flushing my motor with fresh water I hear the alarm go off. Overheating alarm. I see the owner near my hose valve. She closed the valve because she didn’t see me and thought I forgot to close the water valve. I started to yell and told her never do that. Words when back and forth. I didn’t have time to check motor yet but I’m sure damage was done. I had to leave last night to go to city but if she burnt out the impeller or worst what should I do?

Educate me( let me preface this with I am not at all being sarcastic).what type of motor?My Yamaha has a flush port that doesn’t require the engine to run to flush. I can’t understand why any one touches anything that they are not responseable for or at least asks someone who would know but that is another can or worms.

Blazman234":x2u46fcn said:
Marty D":x2u46fcn said:

Educate me( let me preface this with I am not at all being sarcastic).what type of motor?My Yamaha has a flush port that doesn’t require the engine to run to flush. I can’t understand why any one touches anything that they are not responseable for or at least asks someone who would know but that is another can or worms.
lets me start with this- if you turn motor off when you get back to dock the thermostat will close and if you flush motor your only flushing - NOTHING!!! Thermostat must be open to flush motor. I called Suzuki and Yamaha and spoke to there tec. Even tho the book says no to run motor because of diff like this- ( dumbo closed water valve) it’s ok to run motor at low RPM. Tec support said -yes thermostat has to be open if you want to flush the complete eng.

The alarm is there to warn you nothing should've happen if you caught it. Don't know how much time elapsed. Most new outboard require about 35psi to flush without the engine on.

Back