Where is everyone mounting their Precision 9 or similar compass?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
I had the P9 installed on the starboard corner of the PH right behind the helm seat, magnetic interfererence was 13 which was acceptable. Realizing that it needs to be close to the center line of the boat, I relocated under the dash. Problem is the pump is only 2 feet away and all the other electronics are in that vacinity. My interference level is at 33 now, they said anything over 30 is no good. Curious where else can I mount this.

I had the P9 installed on the starboard corner of the PH right behind the helm seat, magnetic interfererence was 13 which was acceptable. Realizing that it needs to be close to the center line of the boat, I relocated under the dash. Problem is the pump is only 2 feet away and all the other electronics are in that vacinity. My interference level is at 33 now, they said anything over 30 is no good. Curious where else can I mount this.

It can go pretty much anywhere. Your only limit is the length of your NMEA 2K cable, and you can always buy a longer one. Mine is mounted down in the storage compartments beneath the v-berth cushions.

Does it have to be in the middle of the boat? This is why i moved it. I have enough cable to bring it anywhere pretty much.

Back