Where is your ignigion switch ???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
My 2320 has the ignition switch on the left side of the helm and it's amazing I haven't broken the key off in the switch from hitting the key with my leg!!!
Maybe someone should make a suggestion to parker !!!
Today, I moved it to the right side of my helm by my switch panel!
I have a sheet of black starboard that I'm going to make a box, cell phone holder, cup holder,key holder, ect.... to make some more storage and to cover up the hole where the switch was.
I'll post pics tomorrow when it's done!

What year is your 2320?

I have a 2005 and the ignition switch is on the throttle on the right side of my helm chair.

In one of the pictures in my intro, you can see the throttle.

Brian

Par":3kuodxu8 said:
What year is your 2320?

I have a 2005 and the ignition switch is on the throttle on the right side of my helm chair.

In one of the pictures in my intro, you can see the throttle.

Brian

How do you like the F250
I ordered mine with a F200, (way underpowered) put about 700 hrs on and repowered to a F250 last july

I really like the F250. Plenty of power and range. I just added a Navman fuel flow monitor to the boat so I will be able to get the exact MPG, but my best guess so far is just over 2.

What are you getting for mpg?

My switch is on the left, and so far it hasn't been a problem.

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

Megabyte":2pa8rors said:
My switch is on the left, and so far it hasn't been a problem.

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

Thats where mine was!!!
And I have hit (and bent) it with my leg a few times.
I put it next to the left of my switch panel .
Your dash looks the same as mine!

Capt Ron... This is what the helm looked like when I bought her.

Image-BA237EA0931B11D8.jpg

I have twin F-115s, and both of my switches are in the same place as Kevin's. Have never hit them with a leg or anything else.

Kevin...I like the mod to your helm...a significant improvement. How many wires did you have to move around on the back side?

Porkchunker":3t0118l5 said:
I like the mod to your helm...a significant improvement. How many wires did you have to move around on the back side?

Very few really. The OEM gages were wired into a wiring harness that needed to be moved, but other than that, it was a pretty simple alteration.

I have a '96 with a Volvo IO. It has the Volvo gage package above the steering wheel and the key is there. Is OK except with a rigid float on the key ring I hit it sometimes spinning the wheel fast.

Dana

Old topic, but had a chance to take photo of Volvo I/O ignition setup above wheel in gage panel.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC02331 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02331 (Medium).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,184
Back