Why Did You Buy A Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
In a boat market flooded with cup-holders, 2-piece hulls, seats from one end of the boat to the other, euro-transoms, "space-ship" styling, hulls full of everything BUT fiberglass, and "fit and finish" is everything...

Why the heck do watermen buy plain, basic, no-frills Parkers at ever increasing prices in greater and greater numbers (3 plant expansions, I believe)?

I have my reasons...what are yours?

My Parker 23 has more room in the fishing area than most 26-30' open fisherman types with leaning posts. If you notice, they put their emphasis
on the "mission control" ego aspect of numerous gauges, displays, etc.
...a feelgood thing for the captain...forget the crew.
The boat borders on "Ugly Duckling" but is so practical, whether entertaining, fishing, or diving.
Moreover, because of the enclosed cabin, instruments don't take a beating, and are secure.
I have an Armstrong bracket and full transom and the boat, until recent
gas prices, ran me about $40 for a day's fishing.
I don't seem to have a problem with excessive ice melting in the transom insulated box on the hottest day, either.
Bottomline, it's just s good fit for me and my sons, and we love it.

Why I like Parkers:

tough, no-frills boats that are easy to maintain while offering protection and a lot of open room for fishing.

Another great point is that a 25'er is a 25'er, a 23'er is a 23'er. No bow pulpit/bracket/eurotransom games.

I'm in law enforcement and we use Parkers in all phases in our work. The boats are sturdy, well made, reliable, and affordable. Plus the boats are made for fishing. Not much more to say.

Just fell in love with the way they looked.....

I wanted a boat with complete protection from the elements.

I wanted a boat I wasn't likely to outgrow.

I love the fishing room/platform.

I never really considered any other.

Richard

Wow, great question. Here is my reasons:

1. Great resale value.

2. Rock solid quality. (you never hear of structural problems with a Parker)

3. Huge ( I mean HUGE) cockpit. (I have the 2520DV)

4. Super layout for fisherman. (like me)

5. Very good compromise between riding and drifting quality.(I have the 21 degree deadrise hull)

6. I don't know, but I just love 'em. :lol:

I am looking at purchasing a Parker cabin style boat to move away from my current center console boat. What do you folks think about the bow set-up on these parker boats. We do alot of fishing at anchor (and with double anchoring) and I was wondering how it is to get around the cabin to the bow for anchoring.

I like the huge cockpit on the Parker but am concrned about losing the access to the bow. Of course, there are trade-offs in every style boat. Thanks for the any insights.

Originally looking to trade up from my 19' cruiser to a 23' WA, nothing available really impressed my. I wanted to use it for fishing and maybe scuba diving. Looked at Parker just to see what they were about, and the 2120SC seemed just as big as the 23's I looked at for about the same money. (No, I wasn't considering a Grady because of the $$$.) The open cockpit was perfect for what I wanted to use it for and the pilot house wasn't confining, which I thought it would be as it's only a 21' boat. But then thinking about it, the 23' WA's included the pulpit and swim step (if it had one) in it's measurement so was I really getting a bigger boat? Really happy with the Parker, and would do it again. Simple layout, simple to work on, can get to everything, and so much room on a short platform.

John S.

Same reasons for me that most have replied above, also reasonable fuel economy (2mpg at cruise in good conditions), plenty of fishing room for everyone, dry ride, and for me...the ability to fish offshore , all the way to the canyons on good days.
Keith

I was looking for a solid fishing boat without all the "bells and whistles." Furthermore, I was looking for a pilothouse type boat for fishing in the winter. With the pilothouse, I have the option to provide a "shelter" for
for the kids and myself in case the weather turns.
Now if I can only get the boat I just bought in Maryland down to me in Norfolk!

:D i never knew there were other boats made for real fishermen: when form fits function like an old shoe it can only be a PARKER!!!!! lots of other boats have more "fluff"but for my 2120dvsc i have a dance floor for space..... do not tell my wife i am in love!!!!!!

I bought my Parker because I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and the price was unbeatable.
I never could have afforded one otherwise... :)

I liked pilothouse boats even before I found my Parker.
There is just something salty about them. :D

Megabyte":sq3cdmyn said:
I bought my Parker because I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and the price was unbeatable.

You stole your boat!!!!!! Seller must have been out of his mind!

B-Faithful":puj0ax3v said:

Lucky for me, huh? :D

Of course... I've probably equaled the purchace price in repairs and upgrades since I've bought her. :shock:
She had a few issues that needed attention when I first got her.

nassau":1clzbrkn said:
I am looking at purchasing a Parker cabin style boat to move away from my current center console boat. What do you folks think about the bow set-up on these parker boats. We do alot of fishing at anchor (and with double anchoring) and I was wondering how it is to get around the cabin to the bow for anchoring.

I like the huge cockpit on the Parker but am concrned about losing the access to the bow. Of course, there are trade-offs in every style boat. Thanks for the any insights.

Interesting...I'm thinking of moving from a 2510 to a 23DV CC without the hardtop to support my fly fishing habit and desire to more easily roam on the highway from fishing spot to fishing spot.

B-Faithful":qoz578pg said:
Megabyte":qoz578pg said:

Yep...I kept watching that Parker with the Deleware registration at Fairwinds for a couple of years thinking what a shame that it just sits there gathering leaves and UV generate chalky gelcoat. Kevin deserves that great boat and did a great job cleaning it up. I have no sympathy for the original owner....what a dirtbag.

Back