Wide open Fuel problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Totally Hooked

Reaction score
Hey all hope your boating season is in full swing. Got the boat in late this year. 2007 2320 with 200 yamaha 4 stroke. Boat runs fine at idle and at cruise. If I run it up to wide open it runs fine for about 2-3 min. Then if starts to fall on its face rpms drop. If i bring it back down to 45-4700 it runs fine again. Changed main water seperator filter and filter inside motor. VSt was changed last year. Anyone else ever head this problem?

Capt Scotty

Scott, sounds like it could be the fuel pumps.

I haven't had that problem yet but I believe there are two pumps, maybe some else can shed more light on the subject.

You comming to the raft up this year?? Aug 18th. Our area this time, maybe you'll be comming back from Block again.

Check the vst filter, they can clog in a few hours sometimes. start from there and then look else where.

Had a similar problem on my 2120. Check the anti-syphon valve where it connects to the fuel tank. Mine was partially clogged so it only caused problems at WOT. I temporarily replaced it with a pass-through valve to make sure that was the problem, and it worked fine with the pass-through. I then replaced it with a new anti-syphon valved sold by the local Parker dealer and it didn't work! Ended up using another recommended valve and everything's been fine ever since.

I need to look at my other post to get you the brand of the anti-syphon valve that worked.

Steve

This is from a my previous post awhile back. I also forgot to ask you if you noticed the bulb compressing at WOT. I had that sympton, as well.

Steve

"Purchased a Moeller Marine straight through 3/8 to 3/8 connector to see if the problem was the anti-siphon valve. Ran beautifully at 5400 RPM with only the slightest bulb compression.

Decided to try the Moeller Marine 3/8 to 3/8 anti-siphon valve. The spring seemed softer than the anti-siphon valve the Parker dealer gave me - that one was for a Johnson/Evinrude, and it didn't work - collapsed the bulb (but he said they were all the same). Bull! The Moeller Marine anti-siphon valve worked perfectly - only the same amount of minor compression as with the straight through connector.

Decided to see if I could totally eliminate any bulb compression and purchased a Moeller Marine bulb. Voila! No bulb compression at all!

There is a difference in bulbs and valves. Thanks to all for your thoughts and recommendations.

Itguy"

Hauled the boat out today in the beautiful weather.hahahah. Gonna rip down the VST tomorrow. The engine was in for service last year and the VST was supposed to be cleaned but I was informed today that they did not do that so i will. Fun project. Also going to pull injectors and clean them.

Totally Hooked":1ai5qo8g said:
The engine was in for service last year and the VST was supposed to be cleaned but I was informed today that they did not do that so i will.

Typical. :evil:

Take pics, I should probably do mine. After doing Miky's OX66 its very easy although you do have to remove the intake on the 4 strokes.

did the VST filter and f filter on friday too the boat out yesterday morning. Runs like a totally different boat. think i might start changing it every year.

Back