Windshield broke how to replace 1990 23 10" CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JET O_Wey

Reaction score
The windshield on the pilot side got broken, can't seem to find the replacement glass anywhere and also looks like a tricky job. Doe not look easy to get the frame apart to insert the replacement glass. Any one have experience with this? Pic attached.

Attachments

• windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 3
The windshield on the pilot side got broken, can't seem to find the replacement glass anywhere and also looks like a tricky job. Doe not look easy to get the frame apart to insert the replacement glass. Any one have experience with this? Pic attached.
Hi JET O Wey, There's a long, recent thread here on ClassicParker about a similar broken window issue. My 'contribution' to that thread, in short, was that I had to make template and a specialty glass company custom-made the piece of tempered glass (Take note: I had to buy it twice as I failed to note the needed thickness on my template). Others offered better suggestions, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. I think their boats were new enough that they were able to order it from the window company. With yours being a 1990, that might not be available? You are correct, it is not easy to get the frame apart, but it is do-able.

Last edited:
Thank you Andy, will have to look some more for the other thread, no luck so far (do you have a date I could search y that). The frame issue aside from the screws being frozen, the screws down close to the "daskboard" no room to drill out the old screws and maybe retap for new screws. Maybe can get away with just removing the top section, must cut it -uggg...seems pretty tricky.

JET

Thank you Andy, will have to look some more for the other thread, no luck so far (do you have a date I could search y that). The frame issue aside from the screws being frozen, the screws down close to the "daskboard" no room to drill out the old screws and maybe retap for new screws. Maybe can get away with just removing the top section, must cut it -uggg...seems pretty tricky.

JET
Hey JET O Wey, I tried to find/search the post; no luck so far. I remember that it was a 'recent' post; the last month or so. The OP had a picture of his boat with a broken window, on the trailer, on what appears to be a farm or a large rural home site. He thought maybe freeze-thaw had caused the window to break. I think he discovered it was a vandal. I believe he was in Virginia.... I mention all this in case he (or someone else here) recognizes I'm referring to him, and he chimes in and sends you a link to his post....

Last edited:
Hey JET O Wey, I tried to find/search the post; no luck so far. I remember that it was a 'recent' post; the last month or so. The OP had a picture of his boat with a broken window, on the trailer, on what appears to be a farm or a large rural home site. He thought maybe freeze-thaw had caused the window to break. I think he discovered it was a vandal. I believe he was in Virginia.... I mention all this in case he (or someone else here) recognizes I'm referring to him, and he chimes in and sends you a link to his post....
@Andy are you talking about this one?

https://www.classicparker.com/threads/nice-finding-this-today-after-a-cold-night.22615/#post-155262

JET
atcbill, found the thread.... look below....

Thanks Andy, the broken windshield pic does bring back bad memories. The puzzle yet to be solved is how do I open up the frame to insert the replacement glass. I don't think will be a case of undo the screws.

Back