Wiring under deck 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbri

Reaction score
Has anyone drilled through the panels between forward bilge and storage compartment in the cabin in an 05 2520.
I’m trying to rewire the head and the original wiring appears to go all around the boat and there’s a break in it somewhere. Would also like to use this route for née livewell wiring too.

Which panels are you referring to? The boat has a few different bilge compartments located through the cabin and pilothouse, all of which are separated by stringer/frame components. Those are all cored so if you drill into them, make sure you properly seal the penetration.

If you have a picture/drawing of what you're trying to accomplish, that might clear it up a bit. I'm curious as to why you'd want to run livewell wiring via that route? Isn't your livewell pump in the aft bilge?

I believe the wiring from the panel goes down the starboard chase to the rear corner of the pilot house. From there it goes through a wire chase on about a 45 degree angle forward to the rear corner of the under floor compartment where the holding tank, head pump, macerator pump and forward bilge pump are. Why not do it properly and chase the wires. Maybe you will find the break and it will be a quick fix.

I don't think it would be prudent to drill holes in the water tight compartment. I hope your not thinking of making one of the compartments in the berth into a live well.

I have a definite break in the wire for the macerator pump which runs from the pump under the floor to forward bilge then up the rear of the port side, across the back above rear door, then down starboard side into the electrical panel. I can’t pull that wire out (way to tight) so I’d like to drill a hole from forward bridge compartment straight to electrical panel (it’s way shorter run) by about 30’ of wire

It’s how it was when I bought the boat going on 5 years now and use it all the time. It Ts off the same valve that the macerator pump ties into. Never really noticed if it loses suction while under way.

Something ain't right
Yeah, definitely unusual, at least.

I'd be real interested in seeing some pictures of your setup if you have the opportunity. Sounds completely different than most other boats I've seen. Wondering if the macerator/livewell pickup isn't maybe an aftermarket job? I just can't wrap my head around why they would route the plumbing and the wiring like you've described.

Back