• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB An older Parker without cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiebodie

Reaction score
Please let me know if you see anything 20' and above in the SouthEast. I love a Classic Parker boat.

Last edited:
Hi Jamiebodie, On Craigslist, Eastern N. C. there are a variety of Parkers listed. The are two 21' Parkers. An 18'. A 17'. A 23' and a 25'....
https://eastnc.craigslist.org/search/boo?query=Parker&purveyor-input=all
Andy, thanks so much for this. I am looking for a boat that will make a great 6 pack boat for dolphin, sunsets, ferry trips, etc. I want the boat to be timeless like a Parker or GW tend to be - any and all suggestions are appreciated as my experience with boats of this nature are limited.

Andy, thanks so much for this. I am looking for a boat that will make a great 6 pack boat for dolphin, sunsets, ferry trips, etc. I want the boat to be timeless like a Parker or GW tend to be - any and all suggestions are appreciated as my experience with boats of this nature are limited.
You are welcome.... I lived in Greenville NC for 25+ years, off and on, starting in 1973. (home of Grady White) and I have a lot of experience with Grady's, working on them; riding on them; fixing them....
I'm sure that the newer ones are decent boats, but be careful with the older ones (1970's, 1980's and a lot of the 1990's), not so hot for a variety of reasons..... An old saying that floated around a lot in Greenville was, "The best thing about Grady-White is their marketing department" (telling you how great their boats are!")....

You are welcome.... I lived in Greenville NC for 25+ years, off and on, starting in 1973. (home of Grady White) and I have a lot of experience with Grady's, working on them; riding on them; fixing them....
I'm sure that the newer ones are decent boats, but be careful with the older ones (1970's, 1980's and a lot of the 1990's), not so hot for a variety of reasons..... An old saying that floated around a lot in Greenville was, "The best thing about Grady-White is their marketing department" (telling you how great their boats are!")....

Very interesting Andy. My wife is an ECU grad and my youngest daughter graduated from ECU this past December. We have an office on Staton Court (virtually behind GW). I remember when Greenville Marine was a GW dealer. Went with a friend of mine to pick up his 25’ cuddy cabin from them (can’t remember the model) in about 1985.

Very interesting Andy. My wife is an ECU grad and my youngest daughter graduated from ECU this past December. We have an office on Staton Court (virtually behind GW). I remember when Greenville Marine was a GW dealer. Went with a friend of mine to pick up his 25’ cuddy cabin from them (can’t remember the model) in about 1985.
Congrats to your daughter (and wife!) on their ECU graduations! My wife is from Greenville; I'm a 'transplant',/ to ECU in the early 1970's (attended, not an alumnus)... I knew Joe Vernelson (rip) who owned Greenville Marine. Mostly via 'business' dealings, but also boat-related business.... I've met Eddie Smith (G/W) a couple times, in fact we were part of a 4-person group who attended meetings with the USCG when they made proposals, then facilitated, removing all the navigation day-marks (ATONS) from the Tar River, between Washington and Greenville. At that time all Grady-Whites were 'test-driven' in the Tar River, and GW depended on the navigation marks; we tried to change the USCG's mind, but no luck there,... You mentioned your friends 25' Cuddy-Cabin G/W.; here's a 'funny' coincidence. I too have a friend, who had an early 1980's 25 G/W with not only a cuddy-cabin, but there were also two 'quarter-berths' under the port and starboard side of the 'raised' mid-section/steering section of the boat. This is a great layout! But, this boat was one of G/W's mistakes. The boat had twin V8 Mercs with out-drives. The boat also had scuppers in the stern, designed to, of course, let water out. The problem was, the boat was poorly designed, and anytime the boat was actually in the water, the scuppers let water INTO the boat; not out. The boat, sank at the docks at McCotters Marina. The bilge pump/batteries gave out after pumping 'who-knows-how-long'. After the insurance settlement, I helped him replace the engines.... About six months later, at the Anchorage Marina in Atlantic Beach, the boat sank again. He again filed an insurance claim; this time the insurance company refused to pay... What I learned from working on that G/W and many others, be careful to never stick your hand anywhere you can't see. The raw, out-of-sight fiberglass will destroy your hands. I'm very-much impressed with our Parker, as from what I've experienced, the 'hidden' parts of the boat are built as well as the visible parts...

Last edited:
Back