• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wtb. Parker door latch by Perko

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Island Dreamer

Reaction score
Looking for a functioning lock even if blemished.

Attachments

• 050BB294-540F-45CF-A7CD-7462E2C227E6.jpeg
    050BB294-540F-45CF-A7CD-7462E2C227E6.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 35
Thank you. I found the locks online but they all run $140 or more. At this point I’d be happy with a functioning one that was slightly blemished. I figure there’s got to be one Parker owner out there who’s got a functioning one sitting around because they replaced it with a perfectly shiny new chrome one.

There has to be something better out there. I purchased a one from Cecil marine a year ago and it's well on it's way to corroding into uselessness. Its simply chrome plated potmetal or whatever. For the price it should of been stainless.

There has to be something better out there. I purchased a one from Cecil marine a year ago and it's well on it's way to corroding into uselessness. Its simply chrome plated potmetal or whatever. For the price it should of been stainless.
Perko started making boat hardware (cleats, chocks, locks, latches, etc) at least as far back as the 1960's. They called, and advertised their products as 'Perko-Plated'. (I have boating magazines from that era with their advertisements). What they are, as mentioned by Navigator, is chrome-plated zinc-pot-metal. I've not seen a Perko item last very long in a saltwater environment, or in a fresh water environment for that matter. So, their products would be ok, if we would just keep our boats out of the water! ☺

Last edited:
Back