Yamaha and Garmin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Reaction score
My 2004 2120 has a Yamaha 290 HPDI 2 stroke. I have a Garmin 942 Charlotte\fish finder. I've been thinking about adding a Garmin fuel flow meter, but was wondering if there was any way to get the engine and the Garmin to communicate to use the data the Yamaha is already collecting?

warthog5":2g6o1orp said:
Nope......To old.

Wart, I'm guessing that the issue is with the age of the Garmin unit, which is unable to accept the data from the Yamaha computer? Or is the data itself from the engine in a format which cannot be read by newer electronics?

Rod, I would suggest searching for the manual for your engine/instrumentation/electronics (if you don't have them on hand) and checking the sections about data exchange. It may make your options clearer.

Have a new Parker and want to connect the Yamaha 6-yc to Garmin 8612. Looks easy enough. One cable. Has anyone done it and how was the results?

Wart, I'm guessing that the issue is with the age of the Garmin unit, which is unable to accept the data from the Yamaha computer?

It's not Garmin.....It's the age of the Yamaha.....No date out via NMEA 2000.

Old engine, the Garmin is new. I might communicate with Garmin and see if they have any way to connect the two since the Yamaha is not NMEA2000 compatibke.

Back