Yamaha Emergency Fuel Enrichment

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

tomc585

Reaction score
Working on a 1990's yamaha 90hp carb'd 2 stroke. The fuel enrichment valve was broken off and needs to be removed. The valve appears to be stainless inside the aluminum carb body.
I've soaked it with kroil and tried heating the aluminum area with a pencil torch and chilling the valve in hopes it would break free. Drilling isnt an option.
Looking for a different approach.
Soaking in Naptha now.

Last edited:

Capn' dad

Reaction score
Why can’t you drill the center and use an easy out? Also, they make a left hand drill bit. I would order one and drill the center very slowly with pressure. It my just pop it loose. If the drilling doesn’t get it try the easy out. Just as long as you avoid the threads and you should b

tomc585

Reaction score
Why can’t you drill the center and use an easy out? Also, they make a left hand drill bit. I would order one and drill the center very slowly with pressure. It my just pop it loose. If the drilling doesn’t get it try the easy out. Just as long as you avoid the threads and you should b
Its stainless and getting a dril to stay centered would be a chore. Also, its not threaded.

baker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on a 1990's yamaha 90hp carb'd 2 stroke. The fuel enrichment valve was broken off and needs to be removed. The valve appears to be stainless inside the aluminum carb body.
I've soaked it with kroil and tried heating the aluminum area with a pencil torch and chilling the valve in hopes it would break free. Drilling isnt an option.
Looking for a different approach.
Soaking in Naptha now.
Do you have any issues with gel forming in those bowls? (Asking for a friend)