Yamaha Emergency Fuel Enrichment

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomc585

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on a 1990's yamaha 90hp carb'd 2 stroke. The fuel enrichment valve was broken off and needs to be removed. The valve appears to be stainless inside the aluminum carb body.
I've soaked it with kroil and tried heating the aluminum area with a pencil torch and chilling the valve in hopes it would break free. Drilling isnt an option.
Looking for a different approach.
Soaking in Naptha now.

Last edited:
Why can’t you drill the center and use an easy out? Also, they make a left hand drill bit. I would order one and drill the center very slowly with pressure. It my just pop it loose. If the drilling doesn’t get it try the easy out. Just as long as you avoid the threads and you should b

Why can’t you drill the center and use an easy out? Also, they make a left hand drill bit. I would order one and drill the center very slowly with pressure. It my just pop it loose. If the drilling doesn’t get it try the easy out. Just as long as you avoid the threads and you should b
Its stainless and getting a dril to stay centered would be a chore. Also, its not threaded.

Working on a 1990's yamaha 90hp carb'd 2 stroke. The fuel enrichment valve was broken off and needs to be removed. The valve appears to be stainless inside the aluminum carb body.
I've soaked it with kroil and tried heating the aluminum area with a pencil torch and chilling the valve in hopes it would break free. Drilling isnt an option.
Looking for a different approach.
Soaking in Naptha now.

Do you have any issues with gel forming in those bowls? (Asking for a friend)

If it is not threaded, what holds it in there when it is not stuck, the other half of the cover?
If you operate under the assumption that it is now trash, I would get the O ring, retainer and spring off and vise grip it, or cut a slot first for a screwdriver with a Dremel. If that doesn't work then vise grip it (if you have enough shaft remaining).
Kroil is great, but a 50-50 mixture of acetone and ATF is magical. Shake well immediately prior to applying. The acetone "boils" as it evaporates and good things happen. The atf then becomes the lube. I put it in a mason jar, armored with foam and duct tape, and apply with a craft paint brush. No more dangerous than acetone alone, so basic precautions are in order. But Naptha (zippo lighter fluid) is flammable too, so you know that already.

Last edited:
Back