Yamaha fuel Management problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susqking

Reaction score
Just the other day there was a post regarding different fuel gauges and of course I said I never had a problem with mine.

All I'm getting is 0's on the gauge. Does anyone have a glue what to look for to fix?

Anthony

If you are getting zip, I'd check the electrical connector of the Yamaha fuel flow meter--normally mounted on the transom. Trace the fuel lines from the fuel-water separators and filters up to the pump bulbs. Somewhere in between should be about a 1" dia square block that is about 2-3" long in-line with the fuel lines. There is a wire coming off of it. Check that connection.

I love toys, so I couldn't resist putting a FloScan on the boat. Works as advertised, but the gallon per hour gauge is just depressing. What is useful is the digiatl readout of gallons used. It's pretty accurate - certainly gives you better resolution than the digital bars on the Yamaha display. When you think about it, if each of those bars represents 12 gallons, there's a confusion factor of about 20 gallons as to how much gas you really have in the tank. The FloScan tells you how much you have actually used with a fairly high degree of accuracy. I recommend it.

Got it fixed, the connection at the gauge was not connected.

I like having the gauge, my friends are always willing to share fuel costs and I always know what was burned.

It never seems to fail. Have someone else do something on the boat, even something minor, and something else stops working.

Like is it that friggin hard to be a little bit careful? Yes, I know, marine systems are complex but somehow we manage to keep them running when we work on stuff.

Why do mechanics always break something they aren't working on?

My Brother in Law says, "Everything on the boat is broken. We just don't know it yet," and "Plan on spending 10% of the purchase price every year on maintenance."

Back