Yamaha OX66 Alarm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Rover

Reaction score
I have twin 2000 Yamaha 200's on a 2520 ....both engines start and run great, however, if I run 4200 RPM's plus for any amount of time the alarm (solid tone) goes off on port engine. Not sure if the alarm is an over heat because the whole gauge is flashing (no Red). I shut the engine down for 5 minutes and it is good to go if I keep it below 4200 rpm's.

The impellars were changed this spring, and at the advice of some on THT, I cleaned the poppit valve which was not clogged.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? Thinking of changing the Thermostats.

thanks for your help !

Rich

According to the manual - if it was an oil alarm OR an overheat warning, the computer shouldn't let the engine run above 2k RPM. At least according to my 1999 200 0x66 book.

What do you mean by "The whole gauge is flashing?" Do you mean that all four of the warning indicator lights are flashing (1 temperature, and 3 oil level)

-- Tom

What do you mean by "The whole gauge is flashing?" Do you mean that all four of the warning indicator lights are flashing (1 temperature, and 3 oil level)

Yes, that is exactly what is happening.....there is plenty of oil, but I need to wait a few minutes to restart or the alarm is still buzzing, like its cooling down.

Iboats is a good resource and if you ck it you will find that several others have had a similar problem, as well as myself.I have been thru the water pump,thermostats ,poppet valve ,ck wiring for bad connection on sensors(especially ground)all the way to the battery. I gave up when either sensor would set the alarm off when the other was disconnected at anything above 4000 rpm. It is scheduled to be cked by a reputable mech on the 3rd. I'll pass on what I find. But ck out Iboats ,has a lot of info there.

If that was an OMC motor that would be the alarm signal for "fuel restriction". This can be caused by an something crimping on the fuel line, or a leaky connection (of AIR, not fuel) that causes it to run lean. Get this checked pronto as running lean is not good for an OB .. but please "confirm" this alarm code sequence with your dealer.

My bro runs twin older 150 Yummie 2-strokes and one had an air leak on a fuel hose, he ended up replacing the fuel run from the tank to the OB for that motor and DO NOT use hose clamps, use the plastic "round" clamps your dealer sells, as they do not crimp the hose like a hose clamp can.

Back