Zuk 300 prop?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a new 300 Suzuki since new engines from Yamaha are non exsistent. For those of you that repowered with Suzuki, what size prop should I use with my 2520 XLD? Also, those of you that have the SMG4 gauge , is it a good idea to get 2 to keep track of things or would that be overkill? Also what hole was your new Zuk mounted? My Yamaha was at lowest setting which I always felt should have been raised 2 holes.TIA

Here is what I have on my 300. I have a 2520 Sport Cabin its the new water grip. I will see if I have the box and post that pic too. My motor is all the way down which I thought would be too low but while underway the cavitation plate is at the surface of the water. I am happy with where it is.

Attachments

• Water Grip.jpg
    Water Grip.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Here is what I have on my 300. I have a 2520 Sport Cabin its the new water grip. I will see if I have the box and post that pic too. My motor is all the way down which I thought would be too low but while underway the cavitation plate is at the surface of the water. I am happy with where it is.
I have a 2520SL with a 2019 Suzuki DF300APXX also running the same wheel with favorable results…..

I am still pretty sure I am going to raise mine one or two notches as my yami always seemed to plow at lower end speeds. I also think I will add a second smg4 gauge to keep track of things a little easier.

I am still pretty sure I am going to raise mine one or two notches as my yami always seemed to plow at lower end speeds. I also think I will add a second smg4 gauge to keep track of things a little easier.
We are waiting to repower with a 300 suzuki as well and told them to replace both old Yamaha round gauges with the new smg4 so they will be installing 2 as well

Well there was a turn of events with me. I blew the lower on my yami 3 weeks ago. The thought of no boat till next spring drove me nuts so went on a mission and found a dealer with 2 white DF300APXX in stock up in New Hampshire. I drove up there and bought one and finally tomorrow they are going to install it. I will see what prop the dealer uses and go from there. I am getting the 2 smg 4 gauges to make it easier for me to keep my eye on everything

Sometimes your forced to play your hand earlier than you planned! Which dealer did you find your DF300 at?
Someone who had their boat repowered at Seacoast Marine in New Hamshire noticed he had 2 white DF 300APXX's in stock and sent me a private message, I called up there and made the deal which was very fair and no sales tax in NH. Took me a little over 6 hours each way but today they will be rigging me up here in NJ from my local Zuk dealer. Can't wait to get back on the water, it's been a long boring 3 weeks, and there is plenty of tuna around now.

Well they strapped the engine on yesterday, hopefully no surprises in the rigging tomorrow and I should be back in the water by Thursday. ( Just in time for Hurricane) They installed a 3x16x18.5 watergrip prop.

Well they strapped the engine on yesterday, hopefully no surprises in the rigging tomorrow and I should be back in the water by Thursday. ( Just in time for Hurricane) They installed a 3x16x18.5 watergrip prop.
I think that’s gonna be too much propeller.

I started with a 3X16X18.5 water grip and ended up with a 3X16X17 water grip. BUT I'm a MV, John's a DV. curious to see how this ends up.
I’m running the same propeller as you on my 2520MV. It works wonderful in terms of bite, almost never blows out. I carry more gear then most, my boat is probably on the heavy side and I’m on the low end of the max recommended rpm at wot range spinning that propeller. On my boat 18.5 pitch would be WAY too much for my 2019 Suzuki DF300APXX. Perhaps the boats with brackets perform differently but on my notched transom boat with a 30” engine shaft 3x16x17 is as much propeller as she can handle.

Last edited:
Well the 18.5 pitch was too much prop as it was only able to turn 5200. A bunch of other kinks need to be fixed as well. Not everyone is playing nicely on the NEMA network and some how they knocked out my trim tab switch. I can't wait till this ordeal is over and I can fish again. Not sure if they will be able to test prop today as it's blowing hard out there from the passing storm.

Last edited:
Well the 18.5 pitch was too much prop as it was only able to turn 5200. A bunch of other kinks need to be fixed as well. Not everyone is playing nicely on the NEEMA network and some how they knocked out my trim tab switch. I can't wait till this ordeal is over and I can fish again. Not sure if they will be able to test prop today as it's blowing hard out there from the passing storm.
3x16x17 is what you’re gonna wanna run if you stay in the Suzuki Watergrip line.

3x16x17 is what you’re gonna wanna run if you stay in the Suzuki Watergrip line.
They put on a 15.5x17 watergrip but was unable to test it due to 30+ knot winds. Fixed all the other kinks so hopefully will be back in action tomorrow morning. He said see what it tac's out at with this prop and if needed they will switch it out at 20 hour service. My Yamaha had came with a Saltwater Series II prop when new and it was a 15 1/17 so should be in the ballpark.

They put on a 15.5x17 watergrip but was unable to test it due to 30+ knot winds. Fixed all the other kinks so hopefully will be back in action tomorrow morning. He said see what it tac's out at with this prop and if needed they will switch it out at 20 hour service. My Yamaha had came with a Saltwater Series II prop when new and it was a 15 1/17 so should be in the ballpark.
You’re gonna be good with RPMs with that wheel but when you test the boat, make sure you make some turns and if you can get in a position to run in a downhill sea, do it. On my boat 2520SL = Mod-V with a notched transom, a propeller smaller then 16” in diameter was very prone to blowing out in turns and running down hill. There was a very noticeable difference in how the propeller bit going up to the 16, performance was noticeably better with the 16” diameter wheel.

Back