First day out with the kid.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
The hole family came this week for the 4 th. Took them out on the boat with the new motor. I has a 6 month old and a 2 year old. When out in the ocean and my new motor stoped running. Had to call sea tow. After checking I ran out of gas. My tank read 1/2 tank. What ever the dealer did, they didn't do the wireing right.

My boat is 10 years old. I'm sure there was water and dirt in the gas tank. Running it dry I had to suck up all the water and dirt. I ran her this morn and even tho it ran good. She only ran top speed 34 mph it use to run 44 mph. I'm pulling the boat out today and bringing it to the dealer who installed the motor. It is having the 20 hour service. It there anything I should have them check and replaces due to the water and dirt it sucked up? If anyone can answer that? Thank you. Marty D.

Marty D":3mxkd9ln said:
My boat is 10 years old. I'm sure there was water and dirt in the gas tank. Running it dry I had to suck up all the water and dirt. I ran her this morn and even tho it ran good. She only ran top speed 34 mph it use to run 44 mph. I'm pulling the boat out today and bringing it to the dealer who installed the motor. It is having the 20 hour service. It there anything I should have them check and replaces due to the water and dirt it sucked up? If anyone can answer that? Thank you. Marty D.

Marty,
You didn't tell us what kind of engine you have. But they should clean/change all the fuel filters, both external and engine mounted. That should take care of you. I suspect your lack of power is a restricted fuel filter.

warthog5":1fa4cxkl said:
I ran out of gas. My tank read 1/2 tank.

Defective sending unit.....That has nothing to do with a motor install.... They just fail.
I have a new 2015 Suzi 250 4 stroke. I'm glade you told me is May be the tank sending unit. I just would think they wired the new gas gauge wrong. It was ok before I had the motor installed. They also cut my thu hole transduct. I gave the mech $250 bucks for a tip to do everything right. Why they would cut my transduct cable? I'm bringing the boat to them today and was going to blast them. I will first find out if it's the sending unit. I Was a mech for 50 years and always did all my work myself. To have this happen to my new motor. Sucks! To run the gas tank dry after 10 years. Who knows how much water the motor sucked up. I just hope it didn't screw up anything. I added stab in gas and ran it yesterday and this morn. Today it ran great. Hit 44 mph at 5700 rpm.

1801Steve":ow9x6a2z said:
Marty D":ow9x6a2z said:

Marty,
You didn't tell us what kind of engine you have. But they should clean/change all the fuel filters, both external and engine mounted. That should take care of you. I suspect your lack of power is a restricted fuel filter.

I will only half agree with this.

The sender needs to be pulled. The tank needs to be cleaned... The antisiphon fitting needs the ball and spring knocked out of it.

Note that the antisiphon fitting can be the culperate for not getting fuel and the gauge reading that you have fuel. These things stick.

A new better style sending unit should be installed. Fuel lines replaced and a stainless mount Racor filter installed.

This will bring a old boats fuel system up to par and you will get clean fuel. This is important for a New as well as a older motor.

The dealer pulled the sending unit and checked the tank. They said tank was cleaned. They moved the sending unit and they said it was working ok. They replaced the gas gauge and now the gauge reads 1/2 tank. Was reading full. I was there when they did this. He was going to replace the sending unit but he said he didn't have that one in stock. Can anyone tell me which one to buy? I will order a sending unit for the tank. It's a 2320 -2005 parker. Tank holds 140galls. I had him replace all gas filters. They did the 20 hour service. I bought 5 qt of Suzi oil and lower unit gear oil. I had them winterized the motor. I tow the boat to our home in long island. He did not charge for anything!!! That was nice of them. Boating is done for me this year with this house move.

I bought 5 qt of Suzi oil and lower unit gear oil.

Marty.....You REALLY need to sit down and read the owners manual.

The motor holds 8.5qts of oil. The foot holds over a qt.....So you have to buy 2qts at first.....Then 1qt for the next time ,as the surplus from the 2nd original is enough.

Don't forget the gaskets for the plugs.

warthog5":3iuh5djr said:
I bought 5 qt of Suzi oil and lower unit gear oil.

Marty.....You REALLY need to sit down and read the owners manual.

The motor holds 8.5qts of oil. The foot holds over a qt.....So you have to buy 2qts at first.....Then 1qt for the next time ,as the surplus from the 2nd original is enough.

Don't forget the gaskets for the plugs.
Thanks for the info. I could only get 5 qt. that's all they had. Your right about the lower unit grease. Buy 2!!! When you say gaskets for plug are you talking about the compression rings? Every plug I always bought they are on the plug. Marty

The seals for the lower unit drain screwscrews also should be changed along with the crush washers each time the drain plug is removed. My 115 is 6 quarts and the foot is also over 1 quart.

Back