New Boat Tomorrow! Anything specific to check on Sea Trial?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunachaser93

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am picking up my new to me 2020 Parker 1801 tomorrow. It looks like it is in fantastic condition, but wondering if there are any common issues to check for on these models? Motor is a 2020 Yamaha 115.

Check the electrical system for signs of hack-ery.

Things like scotch lock connectors, automotive terminals, poorly supported or unsecured wiring, wire nuts, bare wires, any sign of corrosion. Especially check for these in the bilge and behind the console.

Obviously turn EVERYTHING on and check for anything that doesn’t work. Make sure all pumps actually pump water not just make noise.

As someone who fixes messes like these frequently, the cost adds up quickly even for seemingly minor issues.

Pull the prop and look for fishing line. I see it on almost every boat. Lower unit seals and labor cost time and money.

The SECOND you decide to buy it (if you do), buy a shop manual for the engine and start your DIY "career." Bilge pumps etc. will be a light snack in no time. The underwater lights on my 2019 just quit working (factory), so you could look to see if they are working (if equipped). May be worth a buck or two off, but by no means a deal breaker.

Marine surveyor? Just saying. Looks like a nice boat . Good luck.

Back