18 CC or 18 SE ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efx

Reaction score
The Parker website is now showing an 18 SE that is slightly larger than the 18CC. It has more beam, length and much more weight. The draft also looks deeper. The dead rise ( at transom/ stern) looks identical between the two. Does anyone have any information on the new 18 SE? It is not a deep Vee by any means but probably can handle the rougher chop better. From side views it looks to carry more freeboard toward the bow.

Over 650lb heavier?? That’s a 32% increase over the hull weight of the 1801. Something seems off there…
6” of added beam and more bow? Slightly taller console with electronic box. That’s the only logic I can see for that magnitude of added weight.

Last edited:
The website says that the new 18SE is all composite construction and the photos look like it has more freeboard and a higher bow, but I don't see any specs to confirm the higher sides.
Does the composite construction add weight compared to the wood stringers and floor?

The website says that the new 18SE is all composite construction and the photos look like it has more freeboard and a higher bow, but I don't see any specs to confirm the higher sides.
Does the composite construction add weight compared to the wood stringers and floor?
It looks like a classic mako 20’. It’s a good layout for a boat that size. I do not understand why they keep putting a livewell in the from seat of the console. No one uses it. It’s messy and out of the way. With the added beam the livewell should be part of the leaning post.

It looks like a 2 pc hull. I wouldn’t even bother buying that. I has a liner therefore to me it’s not a true Parker hull. Composite is great but when they are mass producing them with molded liners, I draw the line. The toe kick is eliminated. Idk to me it doesn’t look like a Parker, starting to look like a Key west or scout.

What's the downside of a 2 piece hull with a liner? Is it less rigid than a traditional wood stringers with wood floor build?

Looks like the liner eliminates the floor space under the gunwale cap, which i HATE. Not having that room for my toes while leaning on the gunwale makes the boat feel so much smaller and fishing at the edge more uncomfortable. Just that one change will negate any interior space gain from the extra 6'' beam.

Looks like some type of partial liner?. I see it only in the front. Looks really odd, with bumps and seam laps?. I’m sensing bayliner.

IMG_0878.jpegIMG_0879.jpegIMG_0880.jpeg

Last edited:
What's the downside of a 2 piece hull with a liner? Is it less rigid than a traditional wood stringers with wood floor build?

Looks like the liner eliminates the floor space under the gunwale cap, which i HATE. Not having that room for my toes while leaning on the gunwale makes the boat feel so much smaller and fishing at the edge more uncomfortable. Just that one change will negate any interior space gain from the extra 6'' beam.
Exactly, also they aren’t as well built. They just drop a liner down into the hull and the boat is completed. A 3 pc hull is a hull deck and cap, and the liner makes interior space much less and the access is horrible, and there is no toe kick. Not my kind of boat. I prefer 3 pc boats all day

Wow, that bow liner looks terrible. I'd love a wider 18 with a taller bow, but that mess up in the bow makes me not interested at all.

I assume that edge/lip is to hold a removable casting platform, which might make it look slightly better?

Parker Boat line has been destroyed. I’ll keep my 1994 1800CC!!

Well the 18SE is off the table. At least they still have the 1801 CC. That looks more true to the intent of the original designers.

The weight of the new 18 SE includes the weight of the motor. The 1801 weight did not include the motor. The 18 SE has a one-piece liner and composite construction. The ridges you see in the bow are attaching points for the optional bow-casting platform. More freeboard than the 1801, also wider. Great running boat. Performs better than the 1801 with the same power. The 1801 is no longer in production. Parkers are still far from being a mass-produced boat. To prove the point take a trip to the factory and see the process. Lindwood had the plans for many of the new models, and the way they would be built, in the works when he was there. This is a continuation of his vision.

Back