1986 2520 repower with twin Suzuki 115 to heavy ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slacka

Reaction score
My buddy has an 86 2520 and needs repower. Thinking about taking off the old 225 and putting on a set of 2003 Suzuki 115 Hp that he has on another boat and run great. My concern was the weight and the power . any help would be much appreciated.

It for sure will add weight.

What's your setup? Without pix's we have to guess and that's not good to guess.

Old 225........ 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Boat....... Notched transom or Bracketed?

While the motor setup's are equal in HP.... 225 vs. 230........ The boat will have twice the drag with 2 lower units in the water.

When I built my Mako.... I bracketed and hung 2] DF-140's Suzzy's on it...... It's my reflection on that that the boat would have actually performed better with a single 250 on it.

200lbs lighter and less drag.

Now people do all kinds of things with what they have to save money...... It doesn't make it right..... but it is cheaper. :)

Sorry no pics at this time but it's a notch transom and it has a 2001 evinrude Fitch 225 on it now from previous owner. He had it totally rebuilt then it caught fire with 20 hrs on it. They put it out with salt water. We got it to run by jumping the celinoid . he has 2 2002 df 115 zukis but they weigh 400 each and wasn't sure if the transom would hold it. Power wise he could always do the 140 kit on the zukis. Any suggestions much appreciated .we are up in the air on what to do.

Power wise he could always do the 140 kit on the zukis.

Nope! It's ALWAYS to expensive to do that sort of thing. The DF-140's have their own unique cowl with a sort of spoiler built into them. They have unique cooling system [oil cooler] and a bunch of other stuff.

100_4832_zpsd6a7b11d.jpg

I gotcha thanks for the info. Will the transom hold the weight? That's the main question thanks

Back