1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the sanding. Next stop priming and gelcoat.
a897804581bb436d3122a7c6d67b9910.jpg
72799c208af7d315b84eadd9ce7447b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roof is primed. Now I just need to find a free weekend to tackle the gel coat. The fairing is far from perfect and a few dips are visible if you look close, but overall I’m happy with the results. When this picture was taken the primer was still wet which makes it look a bit odd.
a9a7343416ba50359b7a9a90e1d220f9.jpg

mheltunen":3vujqb42 said:
Roof is primed. Now I just need to find a free weekend to tackle the gel coat. The fairing is far from perfect and a few dips are visible if you look close, but overall I’m happy with the results. When this picture was taken the primer was still wet which makes it look a bit odd.
a9a7343416ba50359b7a9a90e1d220f9.jpg

Nice job!

B2

I’m learning a few things on this project. In my limited experience working with repairs and gel coat I used polyester resin and was able to go right over it with the gel. Do you have to use a special primer to allow the gel to bond? Sorry if I’ve missed this in your earlier post.

shawnee83":1v5m2pda said:
I’m learning a few things on this project. In my limited experience working with repairs and gel coat I used polyester resin and was able to go right over it with the gel. Do you have to use a special primer to allow the gel to bond? Sorry if I’ve missed this in your earlier post.

Silver tip epoxy high build yacht primer was recommended when applying gelcoat over epoxy. Initially I decided to use epoxy vs polyester for its strength and water resistance. No worries about missing anything. I’m happy to explain anything I’ve done so far and the reason behind them. It’s this group that has helped me thru this project and their questions and tips have saved my butt and saved me a ton of work/time/$.

kidfreediver":jztsopxx said:
Did you match the gelcoat with the original? It looks bright!

No gelcoat has been applied yet, just primer. It looks shiny in the picture because it was freshly applied. It since has dried to a flat finish.

After doing much research I’m assuming my motor is mounted too low (see picture). Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to run it yet to make sure. Should I leave it in the lowest position (as it is) or make an adjustment before launching her? It is equipped with a permatrim as well.
cd39c7811870dedea9b29517bbeaf9ae.jpg

I would have in the not to distant past advised you to raise it up but I’ve been reconsidering that position lately. This is due to the Permatrim. The only reason that I’m saying this is that when it rides on top, you may loose some ability to trim the bow at higher RPM/speeds. Will you have access to that shop and a lift to do it yourself after you get her in the water? If you do, why don’t you be our tester on this and run her where it is first and see how it does. I’m thinking though that putting it in the middle position may yield the best overall performance. My 2120 with the heavy F225 liked to porpose at higher speeds and with what should have been normal needed engine trim for said speed/RPM’s. I raised my motor all the way up and added the Permatrim all at the same time so I’ve never been completely sure of which one fixed it? Then I put 12”x18” tabs on it.

I do have both a forklift and a tractor available to make adjustments as needed. I had hoped to get it setup in the “sweet” spot or close before I splashed her (a month out) but I can leave her be and pass along some data. Oh, I do have tabs as well but they are the much smaller dealer installed 12” wide models

As ignorant as it may sound, how does one raise the motor? I do realize by removing the bolts and changing which holes they mount in is the procedure but can the lower bolts (in the slot) just be loosened and slide in the channel while lifting? I’m also assuming the best way to rig the engine for lifting is to use the lifting eyes under the cowl?

mheltunen":1le94dsz said:
As ignorant as it may sound, how does one raise the motor? I do realize by removing the bolts and changing which holes they mount in is the procedure but can the lower bolts (in the slot) just be loosened and slide in the channel while lifting? I’m also assuming the best way to rig the engine for lifting is to use the lifting eyes under the cowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quo

Brent":1le94dsz said:

Permatrim should install

Brent":21ej3qj4 said:
mheltunen":21ej3qj4 said:

Brent":21ej3qj4 said:

Permatrim should install

Google Honda rigging guide or manual. Yamaha has one. I assume Honda does too

Brent":nllnnf1j said:
Brent":nllnnf1j said:
mheltunen":nllnnf1j said:

Brent said:

Permatrim should install

Might help
http://planbmarine.com/wp-content/uploa ... 175A-B.pdf

Brent":1hndm0b5 said:
mheltunen said:

Brent said:

Permatrim should install

Might help

Looks like 4 bolts

Remove top nuts n bolts

Loosen bottom

Adjust

Tighten bottom

Install top

Brent":1lag46rg said:
Brent said:
mheltunen said:

Brent said:

Permatrim should install

Might help

Looks like 4 bolts

Remove top nuts n bolts

Loosen bottom

Adjust

Tighten bottom

Install top

See guide for 3 lifting points

Thanks Brent. I assumed that I would need to lift off of the 3 lifting eyes and your link confirmed that. Looks like I’ll need to stop at the hardware store some evening and pick up some chain and shackles.

mheltunen":c3uj2wdz said:
Thanks Brent. I assumed that I would need to lift off of the 3 lifting eyes and your link confirmed that. Looks like I’ll need to stop at the hardware store some evening and pick up some chain and shackles.

I would strap down boat to trailer and attach trailer to truck or equivalent method bc you are moving around a lot of weight

Back