1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MadGar":ye0vnvoz said:
Here is one site that sells several different options. They have a nice looking stainless one. Anyway, if you sign up for their newsletter you'll get 15% off your next order. That would put their stainless mount well under $400. Good luck

https://store.pyiinc.com/collections/seaview
I agree go with stain less steel

B2

My personal taste would be the stainless mounts. They seem to match the style of these model vessels but of course that’s just personal preference. I’ve considered welding one myself but after adding up the material prices for 316 (excluding labor) your not that far away from purchasing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to reassemble The roof. 6 coats of paint later and a marginal nonskid job that annoys me but I’ve made my peace with it. Somehow I can’t summon the courage to sand it all off again. Moving forward I did manage to get rocket launcher, hand rails, and antennas mounted. Previously the antenna wire ran they the roof using a fitting to seal the penetration. Understandably I’m not very comfortable with this and prefer as few penetrations as possible. Anyone have any ideas for a clean way to route the vhf cable inside?

Some progress
02c994a36363be590261e79fb93b7e54.jpg

mheltunen":3r1f21gx said:
Anyone have any ideas for a clean way to route the vhf cable inside?

Check Warthogs 2530 thread.
He uses a waterproof pass-through that you might like.

Megabyte":oyxknz81 said:
mheltunen":oyxknz81 said:
Anyone have any ideas for a clean way to route the vhf cable inside?

Check Warthogs 2530 thread.
He uses a waterproof pass-through that you might like.

Thank you...I’ll take a look.

I was doing some wiring and found some of the switches on the panel were not working and corrosion was observed on them as well. New switches (blue sea) on order. Odds are if a couple are giving me problems the others are not far behind.
a517a30998363e8a1492fe0ff46f8101.jpg

The main harness connector leading to the switch panel was basically fused together from corrosion. With the help of two flat head screwdrivers it finally separated. When I reassemble the panel I’m planning on removing the connector and wiring everything direct. FYI if anyone can get theirs apart I’d recommend doing so and Applying some dielectric grease to the connection.

Yea, on those, A light wipe coating might not be a bad idea. Use a very small paint brush or something. If you are doing ring terminals you can coat over the top of it real good to seal it but with the push on clip type coating the terminal is the only thing you can do. Having all the connectors with heat shrink will stop the moisture from wicking in on the crimp though.

I ordered a full heat shrink connector kit and crimper. So all connections should be “sealed”.

mheltunen":rbv7ouwe said:
Starting to reassemble The roof. 6 coats of paint later and a marginal nonskid job that annoys me but I’ve made my peace with it. Somehow I can’t summon the courage to sand it all off again. Moving forward I did manage to get rocket launcher, hand rails, and antennas mounted. Previously the antenna wire ran they the roof using a fitting to seal the penetration. Understandably I’m not very comfortable with this and prefer as few penetrations as possible. Anyone have any ideas for a clean way to route the vhf cable inside?

This is what I used. Can’t remember what they are call. I’ll try to find it. It has a rubber center (grommet) and it clamps down on the wire when you turn the top of it as it threads on.

Attachments

• BE59241B-E210-4FFF-98CF-E6BADF96BE90.jpeg
    BE59241B-E210-4FFF-98CF-E6BADF96BE90.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 120
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

This is what I used. Can’t remember what they are call. I’ll try to find it. It has a rubber center (grommet) and it clamps down on the wire when you turn the top of it as it threads on.[/quote]

I have the exact same ones as yours I removed them when I did the roof. I’m just concerned about re using them. I’m not sure of the brand but perhaps they sell replacement grommets.

mheltunen":1pad1m6p said:

This is what I used. Can’t remember what they are call. I’ll try to find it. It has a rubber center (grommet) and it clamps down on the wire when you turn the top of it as it threads on.[/quote]

I have the exact same ones as yours I removed them when I did the roof. I’m just concerned about re using them. I’m not sure of the brand but perhaps they sell replacement grommets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I have these

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 98
Thanks guys I’ll take a look at my “clam” fittings and decide whether or not to use them or order new. In regards to the switch panel I’m going to change out all the switches and see how that does. A new panel would be nice but the boat fund is dwindling. I did find a used radar antenna and mount on THT so hopefully get that installed in the next few weeks.

mheltunen
after the roof dried how close was the color matching using the Rust-Oleum 207001 Marine Topside Paint, Oyster White ? looking to use this paint in the cabin for some rod holders I built.

ryderpit":hnuq00x6 said:
mheltunen
after the roof dried how close was the color matching using the Rust-Oleum 207001 Marine Topside Paint, Oyster White ? looking to use this paint in the cabin for some rod holders I built.

The match was very close. I’m considering using it to touch up a few interior blemishes as well.

Back