1994 Parker 2320 possible purchase

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew , after driving 2800 miles in 67 hours my “new” ride is home. I need to make some room in the barn so she has a dry place to rest until spring. We picked it up in NC and it was about 70 deg F. I arrived home (Michigan)to -10 deg F. I need to do some research to learn how to post pics.

mheltunen":12x34ctj said:
Whew , after driving 2800 miles in 67 hours my “new” ride is home. I need to make some room in the barn so she has a dry place to rest until spring. We picked it up in NC and it was about 70 deg F. I arrived home (Michigan)to -10 deg F. I need to do some research to learn how to post pics.
Wow

B2

This spring I will have my work cut out for me. My "new" vessel is overall in good condition but has not seen much use in years and suffers more from neglect than anything else. I will need to touch up some nicks in the hull with gelcoat, The bilge is in desperate need of a good cleaning, it has a slight gas smell in the bilge so i'm a tad concerned about the tank but ill wait until she is clean and dry before I hit the panic button. the bracket has a couple of nicks in the paint and could use a new paint job, the previous owners ha no concept of 12V wiring and well....its a mess. It has plastic thru-hull fittings that I will replace with stainless steel. I think with a good scrubbing and a wax job she will look pretty good. The joys of boat ownership

361aa705b8882b335191ca93ffd5924e.jpg
b406b5a56be2c8e12caa5b17de1bb6cd.jpg
0c9a45cd3cccb4789c52c1479f84d9e4.jpg
a6bc969900df009bc1ffe4a082492966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... you scored a nice one there!
Extended cabin and drop-curtains!
Truly a ClassicParker (and quite rare).

Congratulations!

Megabyte":2ht3tis3 said:
Wow... you scored a nice one there!
Extended cabin and drop-curtains!
Truly a ClassicParker (and quite rare).

Congratulations!

Thanks Kevin! I'm quite exited myself.

I'm sure at some point I should start a new thread to "document" the progress and post many of the questions I will have. Looking forward I can see a bit of touch up and re bedding of screws/fasteners. I briefly looked at the rails and some of the top side hull penetrations and can see some are loose. To re-bed mounting screws what is the best way to accomplish this? Silicone seems to be a common technique but i'm leaning towards epoxy for long term durability. The hull has some small scratches and light gouging in areas as well. Any advice on how these should be taken care of? I'd like to tackle these problem areas myself and learn a bit during the process. I've used marine tex in the past on some areas then skimmed over with gelcoat but i've read mixed reviews on that. I've never tackled any actual fiberglass work (cloth/resin) in the past but feel i'm more than capable of it. I intend to pull the inspection plates and either replace or re seal them as well as the thru hull fittings. To sum up the vessels condition, currently I would rate it as good. My impression is the previous owners kept it "clean" and used it and sort of disregarded the details. so this leaves me taking care of a long punch list of details to fix. the gel coat is cracked in an area on the hardtop as well. my surveyor did register moisture there on his meter so I will need to address that area as well. looking forward I don't see these problem areas getting much worse because as long as I own her she will live life on a trailer and be stored inside while not in use.

Many of the things that you want to do, such as rebedding of deck hardware and servicing deck hatches have been covered many times in the Projects area.
I agree, now that you are ready to work on, and document her, a new thread in the Projects area is the way to go.

Looking forward to it (and remember... always have your camera with you)!

Nice. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here with a 2320 extended cabin open back before. You may be 1 of 1, lol. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with her. Looking forward to the new thread. Lots of help here and many of your items have been covered before but ask away and you will get the answers and or pointed in the right direction.

shawnee83":2kw9puf1 said:
Lots of help here and many of your items have been covered before but ask away and you will get the answers and or pointed in the right direction.

Absolutely. Ask, and post away !

when I initially started my boat search I was torn between a Grady White or a Parker. My wife liked the Grady's a bit better and felt they were more "civilized" but myself I prefer the utilitarian approach and had no interest in dealing with side curtains anymore. After following this forum for many months the sheer volume of information on here helped steer me in the Parker direction. I feel comfortable knowing that any issue or problem with the hull that may arise has either been covered or is only a question away. As far as documenting my progress I will do my best but after reading the posts on many other documented builds its almost intimidating after seeing the quality of product produced.

Thanks guys

When people ask, I always tell them that Gradys are cruisers that can fish and Parkers are fishing boats that can cruise.
Both are good boats, but I prefer the no-nonsense fishing boat. 8)

Looking forward to your project thread.

Very nice boat. And I think that you have an extended cabin 2320 which would be called a 2330 ....... regardless of nomenclature, you have an excellent boat!!

I've owned a Honda BF225 and they are fantastic engines. You'll love it. But one of the weakest links on that engine is the oxygen sensor located on the port side of the engine block. It will most likely need to be replaced if it hasn't been already. If you google "Oxygen sensor Honda BF225" you'll see detailed descriptions of how it fails and what to expect when it does. As I recall, it costs about $180 for the part and about 30 minutes of your time. I replaced mine with no specialized tools.

On your boat, I'd expect a real world cruise speed of 27-28 and a top speed of 40mph. Fuel economy should be 2.5 to 2.8 mpg.

Thanks for the o2 sensor tip. I’ve started a project thread on my progress. I initially was hesitant to do so after following many of the other posts but in a way I figured by documenting it maybe it would push me to try and match the quality of builds I’ve seen on here. Those cruise numbers have me excited. As odd as it’s sounds I’ve not actually been on the water in this vessel yet . Spring can’t come soon enough .

mheltunen":1dwovn2i said:
Thanks for the o2 sensor tip. I’ve started a project thread on my progress. I initially was hesitant to do so after following many of the other posts but in a way I figured by documenting it maybe it would push me to try and match the quality of builds I’ve seen on here. Those cruise numbers have me excited. As odd as it’s sounds I’ve not actually been on the water in this vessel yet . Spring can’t come soon enough .
Google Honda BF 225 or 250 thrush washer bearing. It can fail but easy to check if bad

B2

Brent":1lox0mzg said:
mheltunen":1lox0mzg said:
Google Honda BF 225 or 250 thrush washer bearing. It can fail but easy to check if bad

B2
https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/645755-service-bulletin-honda-bf200-225-250-thrust-washer-bearing-failure.html

B2

Back