1995 parker 2520 pilothouse winter project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11rfk91

Reaction score
Hey new to the site here. Just bought a 95 parker pilothouse with an 04 zuke 250. Little rough around the edges, going to attempt to overhaul soe stuff and was looking for any tips/ pointers from those who have already done it. Going to do some basic and easy repairs, fish it as is this season and in the next off season tackle some of the larger repairs that are necessary. Biggest fix is going to be the roof. Wouhas been sealed like garbage around where the previous owner had mounted things to it. Any tips on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Also trying to possibly pull off and re seal the windown mostly the front and side windows if anyone has any advice or experience with that.

Beyond that, if anyone has any helpful ideas or adons that they have done and wpuld like to share would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Welcome. For specific “repairs” use the search function. Just about everything you mentioned has been covered at some point. Regarding the roof penetrations, I’d strongly encourage removing everything that’s on the roof and re bedding them. On mine I drilled the existing holes larger, taped the bottom and filled the hole with epoxy resin. Once it setup I drilled the correct hole size thru the epoxy. This way even if your sealant leaks your roof core won’t be compromised. Feel free to start a project thread so we can follow along. We all love projects and pictures on here. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i noticed your project thread. A lot of useful info. Once i start diving into this project id love to pick your brain on the side if possible. As for the roof, its going to stay as is for the current up comming season as i dont currently have enough time to start and finish a project that bog in time to catch the full fishing season ere on long island. My plan is to do a similar roof repar to what you did, eventually. For now im going to start with adding some rod holders in the top side gunnel, sterio system new lights, tackle some of the garbage wiring and clean it up to look respectable. Possibly going to add radar compatable garmin electronics in the house with networking abilities for addition of a mew screen on the outside station down the road and radar addition once i deal with the roof

Also, this may seem ridiculous but im looking to get a new decal set, for both the side of the boat and the pilothouse. Looking for the complete set ith the pinstripe and all if anyone has anywhere they purchased this is greatly appreciated

11rfk91":3q32mkpv said:
Also, this may seem ridiculous but im looking to get a new decal set, for both the side of the boat and the pilothouse. Looking for the complete set ith the pinstripe and all if anyone has anywhere they purchased this is greatly appreciated
I have heard Cecil Marine for the Parker stickers and stripes. I need a new set of the larger ones.

Anyone know how hard it is to go from a morse dual control box to a single control for a suzuki outboard

11rfk91":2m8qy40t said:
Anyone know how hard it is to go from a morse dual control box to a single control for a suzuki outboard
Did a "hull" project on replacing parts of the roof a keeping away from going to Morse controls when putting in dual stations

kidfreediver":1uja2tcp said:
11rfk91":1uja2tcp said:
Did a "hull" project on replacing parts of the roof a keeping away from going to Morse controls when putting in dual stations

The boat currently has dual lever morse controls on both stations. I would like to go to a single lever system for both stations with the standard suzuki lever, anyone know how dificult this is? Do i need new cables? Can i do it myself or should i get a mecanic to do it

FishWhisperer":f45nov50 said:
11rfk91":f45nov50 said:
I have heard Cecil Marine for the Parker stickers and stripes. I need a new set of the larger ones.

I bought a set of "Parker" decals from a guy on THT who cuts them. He has the pattern. Installed and looks factory original.

11rfk91":1c1gfm9b said:
kidfreediver":1c1gfm9b said:
11rfk91":1c1gfm9b said:

The boat currently has dual lever morse controls on both stations. I would like to go to a single lever system for both stations with the standard suzuki lever, anyone know how dificult this is? Do i need new cables? Can i do it myself or should i get a mecanic to do it

You can do it with the Seastar DS unit but be warned it’s a lot of cables and you have transfer from one station to the other with a lever. Not sure if it’s possible while underway. This is what kidfreediver has, he’ll be able to answer.

I installed Kobelt controls for my rear station. They operate like your Morse where the front controls the rear. I would recommend them over the DS. A little more expensive but less cables and the ability to go from station to station under way. You would need a 2091 and 2093 with the Kobelt cables between them. Possibly able to resuse your existing cables from the engine to the 2091.

Here’s my dual engine setup.
0fe179894ee7610b1003a7b39a425e18.jpg

11rfk91":20q0qdho said:

That motor will not allow for Dual Suzuki controls....It's not a fly-by-wire motor.

There is stuff available....Deep pockets...is what it usually takes.....I have not investigated the latest stuff out there.

When I had a Yamaha this is what I needed to have a dual station set up 2 seatar dual switching boxes, 1 transfer lever/switch, 7 shift cables.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

GoodChance":2d7iedbe said:
FishWhisperer":2d7iedbe said:
11rfk91":2d7iedbe said:

I bought a set of "Parker" decals from a guy on THT who cuts them. He has the pattern. Installed and looks factory original.
do you have his contact info?

Back