1996 Parker 18 Cross Stringer Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silversides

Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in on how cross stringers are made on my Parker 18?

When looking at this picture of the last cross stringer right in front of the bilge hatch, can I assume that all cross stringers are
positioned the same way? The cross stringer shown has a space between the bottom of the hull and the bottom of the stringer to allow water to drain back to the plug at the transom?

Could I use the space to run hydraulic steering and other wiring from the motor to the center console?
Opinions and Comments appreciated!

My boat does not have a wiring chase so I must improvise!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bilge Hatch-Cross Stringer Parker 18.JPG
    Bilge Hatch-Cross Stringer Parker 18.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 225
It is very doubtful you will be able to use the center keel drain space for wiring much less hydraulic lines. The boat uses a box stringer system and since this one does not have a below deck tank that space is probably foam filled like the space outside the main stringers. If it were me I would be creating a chase just under the deck running from the rear hatch to the console. You would be doing some blind cutting to open up the space but I think it is doable. You only have to tunnel about 4'.

If there is no foam it is easy to do what you want to. My only concern with putting wiring and hydraulic lines on the floor is constant rubbing. It would be really easy to drill a clean hole near the deck and slide a piece of pvc as a chase to the console.

Back