1998 parker 25 cc power question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathfinder11

Reaction score
looking at a 98 25 cc and it's powered by a 1998 yamaha 225, does anyone know what the max recommended hp was for that model, i've always stuck to the 75% of max as the minimum needed hp for a hull. thanks

My '95 2530 has a lot more weight than a CC. It was factory equiped with a 250 2 stroke. The Max rating on the hull is 325. Upon repower it will get a 300.

I like to max'em out. Why?

Better resale and your not running the stem winding crap out of them. Lower RPM for the performance.

Just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to use it. But if it's not there.....you can't use it.

In '98 when I bought a 162 Scout. It was equipped with a C60 Yamaha and I asked how much more for the C90? $800....I said Do IT!

Just recently I repowered my Flounder boat. It had a '99 DF-70 on it. I repowered with a '12 DF-90A.
This this is a rocket for a flat bottom boat. If for some reason I need to sell....I can sell a '90 easier than a 70. The difference was 6lb or basically 1 gal of gas in weight. That boat will cruise @ 21MPH @ 3000RPM. It's sweet spot is 4000RPM and pushes the hull 30MPH which is fast for a alum 18ft flat bottom boat. The motor is designed to turn 6300RPM.

So my point is faster speed, less RPM better fuel mileage and less wear on the motor.

pathfinder11":2dy9eit9 said:
i guess we don't have a lot of 25cc owners on here

We don't have a lot of CC owners here, but the hulls of the CC, SC and WA boats are the same.
Only difference is the topsides. Power should be similar, though the SC and WA boats are a little heavier.
You can draw your conclusions from there.

Megabyte":2nw6orez said:
pathfinder11":2nw6orez said:
i guess we don't have a lot of 25cc owners on here

We don't have a lot of CC owners here, but the hulls of the CC, SC and WA boats are the same.
Only difference is the topsides. Power should be similar, though the SC and WA boats are a little heavier.
You can draw your conclusions from there.

seeing as the sc and wa are anywhere from 15-35% heavier i guess i can draw my own conclusions

i have 1991 25cc se with a Suzuki df300 and it runs 50mph and cruises easily at 34.I had a 225 and that is not enough power.The 300 just makes the boat come alive.

I rehabed a 1990 25 CC. It may have been the last year before they started making the SE. Anyway, the deadrise is 2 degrees less. I wasn't sure about HP, so I wrote to the parker engineers and submitted the serial #. They responded that the hull was built for commercial use (I think the CC and seats were added later), and was rated for 150-225 hp. I put a Honda 200 on it. She runs fine, probably tops out low-mid 30s, and very responsive.

Peter Boettger
Greenville, NC

Attachments

• river-boat 016.JPG
    river-boat 016.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 338
  • river-boat 018.JPG
    river-boat 018.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 338
  • river-boat 019.JPG
    river-boat 019.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 338
fish46":wxz8xrhi said:
i have 1991 25cc se with a Suzuki df300 and it runs 50mph and cruises easily at 34.I had a 225 and that is not enough power.The 300 just makes the boat come alive.

fish46, thanks for responding, pboetteger, u too. your rig looks great, nice job fixing it up.

The Yamaha 225 4-stroke motor is known to be anemic.
Many say it doesn't generate much over 210 hp.

a charter captain in my marina has a 25se with an f250 yamaha and it moves really well.

boat sold in 2 days, it was a '98 with a 500 hr 225 yamaha, looked to be in pretty clean shape. sold for 15k. i should have moved quicker but it was over the holidays and the boat was 3.5 hrs away

Back