• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1st child on the way, I'm selling the boat. Huge price drop!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan C

Reaction score
Hey guys, my wife is currently pregnant with our first child. She's due in November. I am going to heed the warning of my family and friends that I won't have time for fishing for the next few years. That said I've decided to sell my boat. Please pass the word around and try to help a fellow CP'er out.

Pm for more info or pics. (don't know how to resize the ones I have for this forum) :oops:

Asking $34,999 As of 8-16-2011 asking ***$28,000***

Boat
2000 Parker 2520 Sport Cabin
Pilot house has an open back.
Canvas curtains are included, personally I don’t use them.
Deep Vee hull.
Pulpit with anchor roller.
Anchor is plow style with 20’ of chain.
Factory gold anodized rocket launcher.
Factory toilet with holding tank or pump-out option
32 Gallon live well.
Rule 600 live well pump.
Jabsco ParaMax4 wash down set up on pressure switch.
Custom made tackle bench.
6 Parker rod holders on gunwales.
Fiberglass swim platform.

Motor
Volvo Penta 7.4l Gi PEFs sterndrive.
EFI fuel injected.
310hp.
840 hours.
Power Steering.
Morse Controls.
Outdrive is a Volvo Penta DuoProp DP-S.
Props are aluminum Volvo Penta D6’s.
Remote oil filter kit.
193 Gallon Fuel tank.
New this year with Volvo Penta parts:
Cap
Rotor
Starter
Raw water impeller
Circulating water pump
Serpentine belt
Belt tensioner
Thermostat
Oil filter
Fuel filter
Lube in outdrive with all new O-rings.

Electronics
Garmin 545s chart plotter.
Bluechart G2 Vision chip is included.
Furuno 1623 16 nautical mile Radar.
Furuno 620L Sonar/ Fish finder.
Airmar P66 transducer
Standard Horizon AM/FM CD player.
Standard Horizon VHF Marine radio.
Bennet Trim Tabs.
Halogen cockpit lighting.
LED deck lighting
Both windshield wipers work have Hi/Lo.
Fore and Aft Bilge pumps both on automatic switches.
Brand new Marine batteries.
Battery switch.

Trailer
2000 Magic Tilt double axle float on.
8,200 pounds double axel.
Carpeted bunks.
Guide on posts.
Surge brakes.
Heavy Duty Jack stand.
Led marker lights.
Bearing Buddy lube system.
Brand new Bearings, races & seals
Brand new spare tire & rim.

Ryan... Put your location in your profile so people near you will take a second look.
It helps. 8)

MegaByte, thanks for the heads up, but i cant find that setting for the life of me.

Anywho, the boat is in Dartmouth Ma.

And I'll work with shipping companies if need be.

Big big price reduction!
Season is pretty much over and I'm glad I got that, but it's gonna kill me to winterize her knowing I won't have any time for her next season.

Scoop up this deal fellas!

Thanks, this is a borderline crackhead deal that I know I will instantly regret, but all my peers have assured me there is no time for a boat with an infant in the family.

Aside from that... could you imagine me taking a 'family trip' and seeing tuna blitz, there'd be no stopping me.

Hmmm....No time for a boat with an infant in the family??

Based on what my parents tell me I was bounced off the bunk at 6 months old while they had me out on the boat fishing. It may be the cause of many things, but also lead to a life on the water and my first career.

July of 2009 I had not one, but 2 baby boys and this is in addition to the 3 yr old I already had at the time. Anyone that says one child takes up too much time better not mention that in front of anyone with multiples.

September of 2009 my dad and I purchased a 2520XL knowing that we would need 4 seats in the cabin since I had twins. Oh, and the boat has twins too.

You are selling based on experiences of others which may or may not happen to you(speculating). If you think you will not have time to use the boat after your new baby is born imagine trying to talk your significant other into buying another boat when you have a 2 year old running around and many more bills to pay.

A little salt spray on the baby won't hurt them and it could turn out to be a good thing.

Best of luck no matter what you decide.

I agree with got_em_on

We took our kids everywhere on vacations, weekends, after work activities, trips, meetings, sports, church, field trips, boating (sailboat, AL fishing boat... the Parker is a yacht to them :D )

and loved every minute of it and have lots of memories, photos (35mm and digital) and movies (VHS tape camcorder)
but it is none of my business but nothing beats family time m2cw

Congratulations

Best

I bought my 2530 because i had kids, don't sell you'll find the time.

Parkers are perfect for kids.

In my case, glad I've got my Parker for the family, young & old!!! 6 mth old Grandaughter in the Keys this summer. She loves it & I can't wait till she's alittle older & starts to fish!!! :D

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,564
  • P1050225.jpg
    P1050225.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,564
  • P1050246.jpg
    P1050246.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,564
GREAT PICS!!!!

I was raised on boats on the Long Island Sound sure have a lot of great memories and met a lot of great people through the years, something im grateful for. KEEP THE BOAT

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Nunya, I especially love your pics.

Trust me, I've agonized over this all season. I guess maybe you should meet my wife then you'll understand. (or worse, my father-in-law :shock: )

All PMs replied

That stinks brother.....

I have mine on the way any day now and used it as an excuse to get a bigger boat and step up from my center console!!!!! "If you and the baby are going to be on the boat, you need shade, protection from rain, and a bunk to lay down on!!!"

Sounds like a great deal to who ever gets it!

Thanks bud, same to you... kids rock, no matter what!

Hope you make out well on the sale!

Ryan,
I couldn't agree more with these guys, we bought our Parker for the kids. We have a three year old and a one year old. Both girls love the boat and love to anchor off the beach and swim in (With life jackets on). As far as fishing goes, maybe take a season off until your child is older?
This past weekend our three year old was catching bait fish on a hand line. She can't wait to go back out. The one year old makes sure the fish stay in the bait well.

That being siad we do have some rules, as firefighter I am a bit of a "safety Sam"
Life jackets all the time, unless strapped into a car seat in the boat.
No fore deck at anchor unless Mom or Dad are with.
Both girls are in thier car seats in the truck during launch / retrieve.
Auto-teather on everyone aboard (Yes it is over kill).

Bottom line, a day on the boat something the entire family looks forward to. I hope you change your mind.

Heed the advice of the guys whom said you should keep your boat. Kids grow so quickly, you need to spend as much time as possible w/ them, before you know it, they're off to college. My girls were casting jigs at the age of 3, they hated bottom fishing (make 'em wear sunglasses- potential lure in the eye). My youngest earned the Virginia Junior Angler at 5 yrs old. I made them stay in the truck during launch/ retrieve but NO seat belts in case of needed evacuation. We use to the boat for tubing and take her out for dinner now and again on the river. The days we spend on the boat are golden, don't miss that opportunity! Spring, summer and fall, if we aren't on the ball field or swim meet, we are usually on the boat!

Heed the advice of these guys Ryan, they know what they are talking about.

A few things you can't do if you sell the boat. :lol:
Show this thread to the wife and tell the father-in-law to chill out.

P8120158.jpg

P8120106.jpg

059.jpg

Back