2000 21se MV bunk set up

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgevazquez

Reaction score
My boat never sits right on my trailer, it either sits too far right or left, and I've dealt with it for two years only cause my boat sits on the water almost 365. do you guys have the bunks sit on the inside or out side of the strakes? the drawing for Parker says 50" max width. What does that mean? Does anyone have pics they can share?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_5949.jpg
    IMG_5949.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_5950.jpeg
    IMG_5950.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 353
Might be a dumb question but are those bunks on the right way? They look reverse..............

The loadmaster trailer under my 2003 21SE fits like a glove, I will take measurements next time I'm at the bay. The forward centering bunks should fit snugly against your hull. I also have minimal clearance (maybe an inch) between my PVC guide poles and the rub rail...I'm OCD about centering my boat on the trailer, though my boat is on a lift much of the time.

Bryce

Will take measurements and a few pix...your bunks might have your boat higher off the trailer than needed, but that is a detail, just means you have to dunk your trailer a little deeper. I will tell you that my forward "centering bunks" are ~2 ft long, when I dunk the trailer I keep the forward foot or so of these bunks exposed (above water) and for my setup this results in self-centering.

Do you have PVC guide poles?

Bryce

I haven't forgotten..weather has not been cooperating up this way, boat is 140 miles from where I live, hope to make it down next weekend.

Bryce

George,

PM an email address and I will send several pix of my trailer.

BTW my bunks are 54" on center (Loadmaster trailer).

Bryce

I'm having the same issue with my "new to me this season 2001 21SE".
It rarely goes on the trailer correctly....
I brought the trailer back to the dealer who set it up, and after trying to re-adjust it, they said they couldn't do anything about it.

Went to another trailer dealer to size up center bunks, but he suggested 2 rollers at the rear of the trailer to catch the keel when loading. The rollers were like $250/ea plus mounting hardware.

I know I'm being stubborn here, but don't want to drop another $600 on a brand new trailer that cost nearly $4k, including the $250 set up fee.....that didn't seem to be set up properly.

Sooooo, my question is have others used center bunks to correct this issue? It looks like I can get PT 2x6, cover it with marine/bunk carpet myself, install the hardware and spend far less.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone this route. I have way too much history trying to go the "economical route" to spending more $$ in the long run by not going with the more expensive option first.

Any help appreciated!!

George,
For what it's worth I ended up adding center bunks and it's solved the problem.
Ended up just ordering the brackets and made the bunks out of PT and covered with marine carpet.
They work like a charm!

Back