2000 Parker 2520 rubrail leaks

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyboy

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with there rubrails leaking? The water leaks between the upper and lower halves of the boat and also the screw holes... just wondering if anyone else's has had this problem?.. :|

Yep. A lot of boats do. Over time the sealant just degrades.

The quick fix is to shoot caulking up under the rail all the way around creating a nice bead/seal between the hull and the rubber rail. This is what I did this spring- not sure how long it will last.

The proper fix is to remove the whole rub rail, remove all old sealant, reseal, and reattach rub rail.

I had my Deck joint at the bow come apart on a trip this summer. In 5 footers I was scooping water into the v-berth faster then my bilge could keep up. Took the rub rail off at the bow, found out it had already been fixed once, and reattached the deck to the hull. I used 1/4" stainless bolts and prior to tightening the bolts, I applied a liberal amount of 5200 in the joint and then squeezed them together. I have attached the final product, and it has been staying dry ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_7765.JPG
    IMG_7765.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_7768.JPG
    IMG_7768.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 220
  • image2.pdf
    183.2 KB · Views: 12
I had that problem on my 07 2120. Used marine/black silicone and sealed bottom of rub rail and no more leak.

Back