2002 2520 MVSC Refresh

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced "junk" CoastalNightLights spreader (half of the LEDs failed after 2 seasons) to Lumitec:

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 200
Wow! Looks great. Way to keep things looking fresh and keeping up with the maintenance of the vessel. Hope mine turns out half as nice as yours.

Next project is a (proactive) fuel tank replacement given age of the boat with work being done by Young's Fiberglass in southern NJ. Deck cut and tank removed and awaiting for new tank to be fabricated (3/16", extra tabs, and epoxy coated). There was some water in the compartment as you can see in the pic but the tank was still decent for those curious with boats around same age. Also attaching stringer layout provided from factory.

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpg
    IMG_2914.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2924.jpg
    IMG_2924.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 68
  • 25 MVSC NOTCH STRINGERS CKX00005.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 31
Jim G.,

Thank you for posting fuel tank info !! I have a 2002 2520 also. May reach out to you for any tips you may suggest.

No issues yet but thoughts of the fuel tank keep me awake at night.

Boat is in Waretown, NJ so Young's Fiberglass and Patriot Marine Fab are not that far from me. Will definitely be checking them out.

Lesa Elaine looks awesome. You've done an excellent job caring for her.

Jim G,

Any word on how difficult it was to break the tank loose from the foam at the bottom of the cavity? I replaced a tank on my previous boat, a Whaler, which required cutting all the foam on the sides, then building a bridge between gunnels and using a 2 ton come-along before the tank broke loose from the bottom.

Jim G.,

Thank you for posting fuel tank info !! I have a 2002 2520 also. May reach out to you for any tips you may suggest.

No issues yet but thoughts of the fuel tank keep me awake at night.

Boat is in Waretown, NJ so Young's Fiberglass and Patriot Marine Fab are not that far from me. Will definitely be checking them out.

Lesa Elaine looks awesome. You've done an excellent job caring for her.

Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to reach out - just PM me and I'll pass along my cell. Like I said, the original tank was not too bad and had some years left but you just don't know.

Last edited:
Jim G,

Any word on how difficult it was to break the tank loose from the foam at the bottom of the cavity? I replaced a tank on my previous boat, a Whaler, which required cutting all the foam on the sides, then building a bridge between gunnels and using a 2 ton come-along before the tank broke loose from the bottom.

It took almost a full day to get it out from what they said. Just like you described with your Whaler -typical challenge of removing all the foam from along the sides (it's a pretty tight fit) and then they popped it using a forklift and straps to release it from the foam on the bottom. Young's has several tools they use to remove the foam - a long drill bit did the trick in this case. We plan to install a drain through the rear bulkhead into the bilge and eliminate the foam for the replacement install.

Back