2002 Parker 2520 DV Single vs. 2004 Parker 2520 XL Twins

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYC2MTK

Reaction score
I have searched the topic but have not come up with what I am looking for. We live on the south shore of Long Island and most of our boating is in the Great South Bay with an occasional trip out of the inlet. We currently have a 21 ft CC but happily find ourselves sandwiched between our own young family and our parents and are looking for a boat to better fit our needs.

Like another member on here John, who went through a similar search I am taller at 6’3” and can use as much headroom as possible. Some of the grandparents are dealing with skin cancer and it is nice to have a place for the little ones to get out of the elements, those are a couple of the reasons we are exploring pilothouse style boats. I am only interested in bracketed boats at this time and would prefer an open back model but that is not a deal breaker.

These parameters have lead us to the 2520. I have found two boats that are candidates but am looking to tap into the collective Classic Parker knowledge base.

Which of these hulls would you choose and is there anything to look out for in those particular model years?

Is a single Yamaha OX66 250 enough to push the 2520 DV? I am not addicted to more power but also don’t want to struggle getting a couple of kids up on a tube either.

What are your thoughts about twin Yamaha 200 4-strokes on the 2520xl?

If you have hung in with me this long, much appreciated. I look forward to contributing when I can. - Cheers

In all your talk.....Parents.....kids..... A 2520 is not the boat. You need a 2530.

NYC2MTK":1mwc8bhg said:
I have searched the topic but have not come up with what I am looking for. We live on the south shore of Long Island and most of our boating is in the Great South Bay with an occasional trip out of the inlet. We currently have a 21 ft CC but happily find ourselves sandwiched between our own young family and our parents and are looking for a boat to better fit our needs.

Like another member on here John, who went through a similar search I am taller at 6’3” and can use as much headroom as possible. Some of the grandparents are dealing with skin cancer and it is nice to have a place for the little ones to get out of the elements, those are a couple of the reasons we are exploring pilothouse style boats. I am only interested in bracketed boats at this time and would prefer an open back model but that is not a deal breaker.

These parameters have lead us to the 2520. I have found two boats that are candidates but am looking to tap into the collective Classic Parker knowledge base.

Which of these hulls would you choose and is there anything to look out for in those particular model years?

Is a single Yamaha OX66 250 enough to push the 2520 DV? I am not addicted to more power but also don’t want to struggle getting a couple of kids up on a tube either.

What are your thoughts about twin Yamaha 200 4-strokes on the 2520xl?

If you have hung in with me this long, much appreciated. I look forward to contributing when I can. - Cheers

I would have to say twin 200’s. I have a 2520 with twin 150’s and it has plenty of power but I would put 200’s on if and when I repower. A single 250 on a DV I would think would be a bit underpowered but it would probably be fine in a bay if you only want to go 25, but I don’t have any experience with that particular setup. And like warthog said, if you want cabin room you need a 2530. But if most of you are going to be on the deck and occasionally going in the cabin then the 2520 will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. In an ideal world the DV would have the twin 4 strokes and my decision would be easier. I liked both of these boats because the were clean, one owner boats and they both had the open back that I prefer. I may need to exercise some patience here and wait for the right one to come along.

NYC2MTK":1dwd1rhu said:
Thanks for the info guys. In an ideal world the DV would have the twin 4 strokes and my decision would be easier. I liked both of these boats because the were clean, one owner boats and they both had the open back that I prefer. I may need to exercise some patience here and wait for the right one to come along.
you may be waiting for a while as they are highly sought after boats. I have a 2520xl modified V and I love it! I would take it out on the ocean anytime. I fish primarily in the San Juan Islands but we get some serious current and wind waves and I’ve been out fishing in 65 mph northeast winds and wouldn’t even think about it in my past boats or even my buddies 22’ seasport. It handles big water really nice compared to the seasport. You do get pounded a little bit more than the DV but are you going out fishing in really bad weather or are you a fair weather fisherman? The modified V doesn’t require as much power as the deep V either. My boat will do 48 mph but it’s almost too fast for me because if you see something floating ahead it’s almost too late to avoid it. I cruise around 30-33 mph and burn around 2.2 mpg. Twin 150’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2510dv with a single f 250 on a bracket. Came from the factory with a single. I wouldn’t say it’s under Powered. I cruise 20kts at about 4600-4800 with a 14 5/8 x 17 rev4
Wot early in the season 5800-6k trimmed 30kts. I run full tanks ice lots of gear and 5 guys and still can see 20kts on the cruise. My fuel is about 1.4-1.7 depending. Averaging 1.5-1.6

Only issue I have is I run the boat in Montauk and in a big following swell if I’m not hard or high on the Rpms she likes to squat on the backs of waves. I can see this as the only problem. So I run slow or run fast. Eventually hopefully long time from now I’ll repower with a 300. Next season I will try to lift the engine up a hole. I think she may be sitting too low

Back