2006 2320 sl listing to starboard??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

school skipper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When eyeballing my new to me 2006 2320 SL sitting in the water at the dock, I notice it has a slight list to starboard. Thinking it may be due to outboard turned in that direction I straightened it out and even turned it to the opposite direction but list is still there. I do not have any extra equipment in the boat yet and the batteries are centered. Would the extra weight of the helm and wiring be enough to cause this list?
Thanks for any feedback you may have..

school skipper":2svcriwu said:
When eyeballing my new to me 2006 2320 SL sitting in the water at the dock, I notice it has a slight list to starboard. Thinking it may be due to outboard turned in that direction I straightened it out and even turned it to the opposite direction but list is still there. I do not have any extra equipment in the boat yet and the batteries are centered. Would the extra weight of the helm and wiring be enough to cause this list?
Thanks for any feedback you may have..

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny you say this, noticed my new to me 2008 2320 does the same thing sitting at the dock.

I also have a basket on each side of the cabin with 1000' of anchor line, chain, and an anchor, 4 survival suits upfont, about 50lb of lead sinkers on the boat, extra chain & anchors.

I've seen my boat list sometimes at the dock, not every time though.

To be honest, I noticed a lot of boats that have a slight list.

I used to have a Trophy that listed pretty good. So I had the batteries repositioned (not an issue for your boat because they are located center line).

I wouldn't let it bother you too much because it could be as simple rearranging a few things on your boat.

It's the extra gear on the stbd. Load your boat accordingly. on a PH boat besides the engine, batts, and anchor/rode not too many things mounted centerline.

A RH turning prop will also help to level things out underway due to torque-effect.

My 2320 list to starboard also. Adding a 7 draw tackle box thats about 300 lb make it worst. Then I adder a 6 draw tackle box in the cabin and mounted a Capt seat on top of that. She listed so bad that the marina would call me and say your boat is taken on water. I had to do something. I always wanted a live well. I mounted one on port side.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 89
Back