2006 Parker 2320 Sc Sl suzuki 300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should take a test ride and look where the fins are when boat is doing 40 k. Make sure the lower unit bottom fins are at water line. If not have them raise the motor. That’s $100 bucks to have someone do it.

Marty D":3klx7e5g said:
You should take a test ride and look where the fins are when boat is doing 40 k. Make sure the lower unit bottom fins are at water line. If not have them raise the motor. That’s $100 bucks to have someone do it.
I can raise it myself as I'm an automotive mechanic I was going to put motor on myself but that would void the warranty so I had them do it

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Briand31":1kp4hh01 said:
Marty D":1kp4hh01 said:
I can raise it myself as I'm an automotive mechanic I was going to put motor on myself but that would void the warranty so I had them do it

That’s funny because I’m also retired auto mechanic and had a marina do the install due to 6 year warranty. Your going to love that Suzuki. There 2 things I had to do. I ended replacing the piss water tube to a bigger size. It gets clogged to fast. I’m fishing 3 ft water off sand bars. The other thing. Suzuki like clean gas. I was putting fuel stabil in. After talking to the Suzuki mechanic he said don’t use anything, only for winter. The primary fuel filter gets clogged real easy on Suzuki. If your running high speed and motor dies, it’s that primary fuel filter. I don’t understand because I have a 10 microns filter in boat. Mechanic said it’s the oil in the stabi that screws the first filter.

Very interested to know about engine height as well as prop. My understanding is that Suzuki's like to be mounted lower versus higher. Also, the 250 has a different gear ratio than the 300, might be a little difficult to compare the two as far as props go. I always wondered why the change in gear ratio between the two, assumption would be that if you had the lower unit from the 250 and then added 50 more horsepower, she'd run faster and be able to increase the pitch in prop verses what the 250 version was spinning.

twh0924":uo5ot3ff said:
Very interested to know about engine height as well as prop. My understanding is that Suzuki's like to be mounted lower versus higher. Also, the 250 has a different gear ratio than the 300, might be a little difficult to compare the two as far as props go. I always wondered why the change in gear ratio between the two, assumption would be that if you had the lower unit from the 250 and then added 50 more horsepower, she'd run faster and be able to increase the pitch in prop verses what the 250 version was spinning.
I heard the same thing. Suzuki motors like to run deep. That’s is why I raised the motor one hole at a time. Total of 3. She ran the best just where Dale said. At the lowest fin. I did read that Suzuki did change low reduction gear after 2015. I forgot if the went lower or higher? I’m running at 20 size prop. on my 2015 -250 HP

Marty D":1dcj4ufm said:
twh0924":1dcj4ufm said:
I heard the same thing. Suzuki motors like to run deep. That’s is why I raised the motor one hole at a time. Total of 3. She ran the best just where Dale said. At the lowest fin. I did read that Suzuki did change low reduction gear after 2015. I forgot if the went lower or higher? I’m running at 20 size prop. on my 2015 -250 HP
I'm probably going to pick it up this Saturday when I get it I'll see where the motor hight is

Let’s us know. You have the same boat as I do. Your not going to WOT for awhile. So get some low RPM numbers. I’m at 2800 RPM at plan. Two people and 75 gallons. Once I’m at 2800 I can go as low 2600 rpm and stay at plan. Lots of luck with that big boy 300. I wanted a 300 HP. Lucky you.

Thanks Marty I'll let you know hopefully it warms up here in the Northeast been freaking cold, so I can get it out and break it in.

Briand31":2brw395p said:
Thanks Marty I'll let you know hopefully it warms up here in the Northeast been freaking cold, so I can get it out and break it in.

Where do you keep your boat? I’m in Long Island out east.

Marty D":35ma9120 said:
Briand31":35ma9120 said:

Where do you keep your boat? I’m in Long Island out east.
Wellfleet MA.

twh0924":33b8f3de said:
https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/733591-suzuki-250-300-gear-ratio.html
Good info. I have the DF 250. Now I know why prop guy said go with the 4x16x20. Lower gear ratio. If I’m going 45 with the 4 blade. I never had the 3 blade 16 in prop on with the motor raised. With motor all the way down, I was at 45 MPH. When up 3 holes -2 MPH for each hole. I just may hit 50 MPH. Good to know. Thanks.

Picking up the boat with the new motor tomorrow will get you guys some pics

Well guys here's the boat with the new engine

Attachments

• KIMG0096.jpeg
    KIMG0096.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 181
  • KIMG0097.jpeg
    KIMG0097.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 180
  • KIMG0098.jpeg
    KIMG0098.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 178
  • KIMG0100.jpeg
    KIMG0100.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 177
  • KIMG0101.jpeg
    KIMG0101.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 177
Boat looks awesome with that white Suzuki 300, I am jealous. Keep us posted on how she runs and loosens up following break in. Be interested to hear if you wind up tweaking the engine height at all and whether or not that helps.

What motor did you have on before and what is the direct comparison with the new motor throughout all the RPM's?

I’m very jealous! Very nice. That’s on the 6-7 year plan for me providing the decision is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What prop are you currently, the 3x16x17, or did the Marina try the 3x16x18.5? I know you had said the 3x16x20 was too much prop as she was only getting 5500 rpms, but, it would seem as if the 3x16x18.5 would put you around 5900 rpms?

Back