2008 Parker 2120 New Guy intro

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usmc_reyes2007":1vbaaaic said:
Is there any way for a Mod to move this thread to the projects page please?

Seriously! Jeez What an inconvenience!! :evil:

Ha!
OP- you went straight to work on that 2120 when you got it! Looks awesome! Keep the pics comin.

akholmes":1dlagp8z said:
usmc_reyes2007":1dlagp8z said:
Is there any way for a Mod to move this thread to the projects page please?

Seriously! Jeez What an inconvenience!! :evil:

Ha!
OP- you went straight to work on that 2120 when you got it! Looks awesome! Keep the pics comin.

Doh. I'm a little slow I guess! I thought some random guy came out of nowhere asking for your thread to be moved :|
Didn't realize it was the OP. Makes more sense now! Ha! I need to pay more attention.

Anyway- I am digging the storage inside stbd side. I might tackle that this winter's layup

Welcome to the Parker family. I to have the 2120 so if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up. I come to san Diego to fish quite often. The mods look good so keep it up.

The upgrades look great. Can you tell me what mount you used to mount the iPad on the back deck? Did you run power cables to the unit? It looks like you mounted the through the roof? Is that correct? If you could send me some pictures of the install I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice work!
We have a 2820 with a TZT up front and have been considering mounting an iPad at the rear of the cabin as you have.
Have you had a chance to use the iPad on the back deck? How does it do on bright sunny days? Also (assuming you did not connect to a power port) how long will the iPad last on its own battery mirroring the fish finder?

Thanks, as far as the mount goes it is a RAM bracket that I purchased off of craigslist and bought the iPad holder from Amazon but it is a RAM product as well. If you look at their website they have plenty on there that are marine grade and come together as a kit so you don't have to purchase separate. I will try and get some pics of it tomorrow when I am washing down the boat.

As far as visibility goes there were times when I had to turn the brightness all the way up to be able to see it when the boats stern was facing the sun but it was still visible. I have a NUUD case on it from lifeProof with no screen protection and it works great IMO. If you are running certain styles of covers on the screen it might be an issue but I am sure there are covers that wont have any issues. The battery life lasted for me the entire day off a single charge but as we were moving around covering water I had it turned off. I have a charger for it in the boat but not on the deck outside. I didn't want to drill holes for wires and I imagine that the wiring would get ruined anyways when exposed.

Thanks,
Roger

usmc_reyes2007":3i70o52w said:
Got a few things redone
1. Had a friend upholster a new seat top for the tackle box.
2. Installed the new back rest for the new cooler seat
3. Had rear seats reupholstered
4. Installed a mount for an iPad that will stream from the fish finder
5. Did the annuals on the boat
6. All new trailer wiring and new LEDs

Ready to get this thing back on the water this weekend rain or shine.

Reyes- A little upgrade to the cooler bench seat that makes life a lot easier when icing it down etc...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 320
Picked up a tower from a local guy in socal, its built solid and very nice, I have to move the radar forward but that's no big deal.

In my quest to have everything accessible on the boat and not have to bring gear on and off the boat, I purchased a DPI tackle storage unit that would fit behind the seat and be able to easily access while out on the water. I am ordering a second unit to go below this one (same size). Pick up the new custom bait tank tomorrow from Towerfab. More pics to come

Got the tank home and did a test fit and could not be happier with the quality, size and craftsmanship that Tom (Towerfab from BD) did with the tank. He is the man when it comes to customizing your boat according to your needs/ wants.

The old bait tank measured
17.5inches by 27.5 inches and 30 inches tall

The new one measures
24 inches by 28 inches and 32 inches tall

I like DPI tackle storage unit I purchased. I do not have any experiences with other manufactures though but if this one is no good, ill be sure to update with any defects or issues with it.

The second tackle storage unit came in today so I installed it on the boat. I am super pleased on how they look and I got to use the space behind the seat that was unused.

Got the new bait tank installed and LED lighting installed inside. Also got some new tunes for the boat with XM radio, a lot better to not hear my same playlist over and over.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 178
a few more pics

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 178
After a year stationed in Korea and now back in the states (East Coast), I finally got her out in some water!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg