2008 Yamaha F 250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmcclellan

Reaction score
210 trouble free hours so far this season. Do my own service, use ringfree and stabil every fill up. Also, after trolling all day I try to run WOT a short time to clean it out. Really like this engine. Quiet, smooth, and pushes the Parker to an honest 50 mph. Great mpg too. Average about 3.4 mpg. Yamaha has a happy customer.

I'll trade you a very well maintained 1997 Yamaha 225 OX66 for that motor! She has pushed my 1996 2520 MVSC to 35 kts at WOT. :)

Seriously... Good to hear that you are happy and that the motor has been good to you. :wink:
I hope to have one just like yours someday, but I wish no ill will on my present motor... 8)

I'm pushing 750 hours on my F225. Runs great and wouldn't trade it for anything. Perfect conditions I can get 3 mpg on my 2510 MV.

I have a question regarding the ringfree and Stabil.
I only use Chevron gasoline in my boat and I've heard that the ringfree is essentiually Techron, which is in Chevron's fuel.
Do I still need to use ringfree? I have a 2007 250 Yammie.
Also, what is Stabil?

TunaJoe":p69m3i4w said:
what is Stabil?

StaBil is a fuel stabilizer that keeps your gas from 'going bad' while in storage.
Boats, collector cars, motorhomes, lawn mowers and yard equipment are all candidates for StaBil.

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/10973-mar ... -32oz.html

9240219.jpg

Kevin, my Stabil from Wally-World is red in color. Is there a marine version ( I know, click the link)? Wonder if it's the same strength. I recall needing to mix one ounce for every 2.5 gallons with the red stuff.

Jim

Ok, just got back from reading the link. So they do make a marine version. Just an FYI, the same size (32 oz.) at Wally-World was something like $10 or $14. Can't remember exactly when I picked up 2 of them in the spring for the year.

I really don't know what the difference is between the two colors. I'm still finishing up my stock of 'red' that I bought in bulk last year. :)

Back