2012 2120 Sport Cabin power

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinJoe

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a 2012 2120 SC very soon and am on the fence about which motor to get. I see they pretty much all come with the 150 HP, is this enough power for this boat or would a 200 be better? I don't want to buy something and then a year or 2 down the road feel it is under powered. Also the salesman told me this boat with the 150 will do 43mph which doesn't sound right to me. Speed is not a real concern to me as this will just be a great lakes fishing boat.

Joe

Go with the 200 my fatherinlaw has a 2120 with a 150 hpdi and the boat moves just fine but that extra power is always nice.

First of all It "may" do 43mph 1/4 tank 1 person
However I think 200HP is what it needs
If you want people and gear and want to get up on plane in a reasonable time
I think its money well spent.

When I bought my 2007 2120, I talked to Parker and to Yamaha about the 150 vs. the 200. Seemed to me that the Yammie engineer knew the most about performance, speed, torque, etc. Bottom line for me was that 1) Yammie thought the 150 had the latest and best engineering 2) The 200 would add about 50 pounds on the transom for the life of the boat 3) The 200 would only give me 2 MPH more at wide open throttle (WOT) than the 150.

Since I was primarily interested in WOT performance, it was an easy decision for me to go with the 150. Took me awhile to get the right prop on the 150 and it made a huge difference. It is: 68F-45970-00-00. It was designed for the 150 4 stroke. You can check out:

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... highlight=

Maybe for your application, torque with a load may be more important than WOT? I'd call Yammie for sure.

...................Pete

My 2004 2120 has a 150 4 stroke and it goes fine, unless I load the boat with 4 or 5 Big guys, then I have to make the biggest guy sit on the bow so I can get on plane. a larger motor would be better in this case. Resale value in the future might be improved also; if everybody else has a 150 yours would stand out with a 200.

There is no way you would regret the extra power. If I had to choose between other boat options and a larger motor, I might take the other options; retrieving my anchor hand over hand isn’t any fun.

Bill

Greatcir,

I didn't get your link to work. What prop worked best for you? Reliance 14.5x15? Did u have the 15m before?

Back