2014 Parker 23 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaLand

Reaction score
Would appreciate some opinions and thoughts.

Actively looking at a 2014 Parker 23 SE with a Yamaha F200XB (60hrs) with Garmin 741xs and 100 VHS and custom t-top. What's people's thoughts of a fair price of above with no trailer.

Would like to get people's opinions of the boat and hull itself. Boat will be used 50/50 (fishing and family cruising); would like to have the option of getting out into open water when the weather is right.

Currently have a deposit on a Grady White 209 Fisherman however the used Parker just poked its head into the picture. Any advice and thoughts are appreciated.

Hello SeaLand,

I don't have a 23, I've got a 2120 so they are very different boats, yours having a deadrise of 14 degrees vs mine with 21 degrees. I can tell you that Parkers in general are very sturdy, well designed and constructed boats. A bit slow to get on plane, but that is mainly due to the fact they are a heavy, solid boat. I have spent several fishing trips in the flatter Vee versions that you are looking at and actually find the ride preferable in calmer seas. You don't get that "snap-roll" like you do on my boat. They also "feel" bigger than comparable boats. My last boat was a 24' Skipjack (a California boat). My 21' Parker has much more usable deck space than the Skippy.

I'm on the West Coast so our boating and fishing conditions are different from yours. Also, our prices are vastly different so I can't help you there. I can tell you my wife loves the boat. It is easy to keep clean and to maintain. There is everything you need on a boat and not much that you don't. I have had several boats that I really liked but the Parker tops them all. I've had this one for about 7 years now.

Parker 23 SE,

A "pounder" underway with uncomfortable "snap roll" at anchor

As w/all Parkers, a strong, very seaworthy and IMO beautiful boat.

My experience.

I've got a 2007 23se with 200 yami 4Stroke. now have 650+ hrs of faultless operation , and after only owning about 12 boats in my days, I have to say this is my fav. I have had dif types of vessels, including sportfishermen, 18'catamatan, among others. This 23se takes me into the ocean and stays dry in 3 ft. chop. if I don't go too fast. Travel in the no wake zone at 7.2kts, (if you adjust the t-tabs correctly). I go into 2ft skinny water with 4 200+lb. guys, (if I stage them around the helm, and trim up appropriately). My fuel consumption is very good, ,and I can run at 25Kts @ 4600rpm. Not bad for a boat with the capacities this one offers. Gotta say, I'm lovin' this one. Wish the fish were biting though.....Thumbs up from me, Papa

I have a 21SE powered with a 2 stroke 150. I use the boat in Southern California ocean waters. The boat is very stable at rest, much better than my classic Formula 233.
I regularly venture 30 mile or more offshore chasing tuna. When the conditions turn south, I just use my 12X12 tabs to keep the bow down for an acceptable ride. I'm sure a 23SE would ride that much better than mine. I would go for it and make sure the boat has least 12X12 tabs or larger. On my Formula 233 I installed 12X18 tabs and can just about bury the bow with full tabs.

The Grady 209 is a "big" 20 footer. Make sure you take the 23SE for a ride. the shallower deadrise may be noticeable and unacceptable to you after the cushy ride of the Grady. All depends on what you are using it for. Great for protected, skinny water. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and wait for a 23DV to come along.

Back