• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2015 2510XLD WA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkraem1

Reaction score
Wanted to get thoughts on the trailer ability of this boat 2015 2510XLD w/ twin 150. I have a Dodge ram 1500 w/hemi. Getting ready to purchase and trying to figure if I can pull.

What's the total weight with trailer and gear of the boat. I'm guessing about 8 to 9K at least? Are you just going to be fairly local or towing it half way across the country and over mountains etc? If just local, you should be fine. Beyond that, you really need to crunch the numbers.

On east coast local travel maybe 120 miles flat land. Anyone had any experience?

I have one same set up , I generally pull it with my work truck , f350 9' utility body .

I have pulled it once with my gmc 1500 seira but it has a short bed ,I could pull it no problem as far as power but it was pretty hard to control , if it starts to sway I had to slow down to 50 to get it going straight again. I'm not sure if it's a weight thing or the fact the truck is so short ?

Thanks for your replys. I looking forward to the new boat. Thank you

I've pulled a 25 ft Bertram with a F-150 ford long bed pickup many miles over a 12-14 year period. Stopping is a bigger problem than pulling so look way ahead and plan. The Bertram is a bigger, heavier boat with twin inboards but I never had a problem pulling it. Make sure you have enough weight on the trailer tongue, that's how you control sway. But your truck will be fine pulling that boat.
Dave

That is a really big boat to be towing with a 1500. My boat was just completed by parker and the dealer picked it up at the factory with a 2500. I don't think I would tow with anything less for an extended period.

Back