2018 Parker 2501 Survey

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southofblock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one significant problem and have been told to run away by a very credible fiberglass technician. Damn, otherwise was all in. And spent $800 for survey.

The forward left T-top leg was loose, that is, the screws were useless and leg lifts up 1/2”. Screws? not thru-bolted. I thought Parker
MADE HIGER TIER quality boats. Owner said he noticed last July. So, gallons of water made its way into the foam to saturate the wood stringers and deck. Tech replaced 3/4 of a 2013 23’ Parker deck, and fuel its tank, due to the same problem. He is not a fan of Parkers, $25,000 repair bill. On the 23’, said no place to install an access plate, the foot sits on a stringer.

Anyone know the layout below the forward legs on a 2018 2501? Is it possible to cut in a pie plate, say in the console bed, and install a proper backing plate? Is foam in the way?

So many positives, and then this show stopper. What’s up Parker? Bummed.

The foam is not the main problem. Water getting into the deck will saturate the plywood and then rot the deck. Even if you can gain access under the leg, you can't dry out the deck plywood and it will rot. If the t-top leg screws are pulling out then there is at least some saturation and rot already. The repair will likely be more extensive than it appears. Make an offer on the boat accordingly.

Is the fiberglass expert Jon Nomer? Listen to whatever Jon says as he really knows his stuff. He just replaced most of the deck and the tank in my 2013 Parker 23 DVCC. (I am getting ready to post up the whole saga of my boat, with pictures!)

Capt Matt, I was driving to bank to do wire transfer when I got Jon’s detailed text response to the voicemail I left him. Followed up with a call. I know Jon well, I would say he is one of the best in New England. He was stunned about the amount of damage your Parker had, even with your upkeep. Not what I wanted to hear, gut punched. Jon is not a fan, of wood and foam and Parkers. Please post, with pictures, ugh. Wake up Parker.

This is a 2018 2501, not the 23. “Maybe” possible to get pie plate in console pan to gain access to screws? Without a backing plate, impossible to secure those legs. That’s just dumb engineering. I am calling Parker Tuesday regarding layout.

Broker doesn’t want to lose the sale (decent outfit too), seller can’t get 34’ he wants until sold. Was at $74,000 (original list $89,900). Now, damn, $60,000? Also, get back to surveyor to double check deck.

Other than that, awesome rig! A lot of things done right.

Betwixted

Back