2018 Yamaha F175/200 2.8L i4 timing belt replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southofblock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
starting in on this, have belts, pulleys and bolts. Any info on pulling the flywheel? Couldn’t find video for these engines online, nothing on THT. I think need a specific tool. Thanks in advance.

I have an F250 and need to change out my serp belt. My buddy and I were working on my 2310 when a neighbor had a dock call from our local Yam dealer and I got to talking with the tech and he said that the bolt needs to be tightened to about 200 ft lbs and he has to use a cheater. I have seen a video somewhere about swapping it out and another difficult issue is keeping everything aligned, some guy made a home made jig to make sure nothing moved when he took off the old belt.
Not sure about your motor buy mine is an incursion engine where the valves go inside of the cylinder and if that belt breaks the whole powerhead is trash.
I like to do as much as possible myself, yesterday we just installed new tilt and trim seals but I am leaving this job to the pros.
Good luck and reply back if you did it!

Both done, by a professional, only 1 hour labor per engine. Yamaha mechanic said can do these in 1/2 hour per (but rounded up for my bill!). The in-line 4 simpler than v6 or v8s. Replaced the pullies as well.

I did order from Yamaha the service manual for these engines ($130 for the copy allowed to print out, for future reference).

starting in on this, have belts, pulleys and bolts. Any info on pulling the flywheel? Couldn’t find video for these engines online, nothing on THT. I think need a specific tool. Thanks in advance.
I just had my timing belt and idler pully's replaced. I was charged 2.75 hours at $85.00/hour by a local Cert. Yamaha tech. The belt was the original belt and had 1110 hours. The old belt looked and felt like new, although the idler pulleys showed wear. Here's a short video/picture of it if anyone is interested.

Thank you for video. 2300 hours, it was time, same though, mechanic said belt looked fine. 6 year old engines. At 1200 hours cert Yamaha tech looked at belts and decided not to replace, said they were fine. I bought last year, uncomfortable not doing

Back