21 SE CC electronics flush mounting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noahs_Ark

Reaction score
I just bought some starboard to convert my CC electronic box into a flush mount system. I cannot find trim other then teak, does anyone have a place/guy they can direct me to? I was hoping for something white to match the starboard... I just want it to look nice and be able to hold up to the salt air!

thanks!

Make trim out of the same starboard you just bought.

A little work with a router and it will look factory.

One thing I do is make my cuts slightly larger. That way I can clean up the tool blade marks on the joiner. Also.....use 2in tape on Starboard. Make your marks /lines on that. Marking on Starboard does not like to come off.

warthog5":326kytx8 said:
One thing I do is make my cuts slightly larger. That way I can clean up the tool blade marks on the joiner. Also.....use 2in tape on Starboard. Make your marks /lines on that. Marking on Starboard does not like to come off.

Roger that, good tips.

Also, a little wetsanding and a run on the buffing wheel on slow makes the edges super smooth and takes any marks from the router away.

great ideas guys! I think it is going to look better this way! I will post some pictures once I complete.

thanks again!

Well, this is what I have so far... I still have some tightening and cleaning to do...any additional ideas would be gladly accepted.

Attachments

• IMG_4778.jpg
    IMG_4778.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 442
Your exposed fasteners. You can get the little caps at Home Depot or Lowes in the furniture hardware section. This is what Parker uses on the switch panels in the Pilothouse boats.

It uses a different screw. But anyway...There is a little cup the the screw goes thru. Then install the screw. Then there is a cap that covers the screw for a cleaner look.

HINGED-SNAP-CAPS-image.jpg

http://www.pro-dec.com/

While searching for a pix for you, I found these neat caps. :)

http://roundcaps.com/

Looks good, only thing I would have done differently is use the Seafoam color Starboard to match what Parker uses.

StarBoard.jpg

I completely agree with the seafoam board...my local west marine contact told me they only came in 1/2 inch, I thought that would be too thick! I went with the white at 1/4 inch.
What is the thickness of that board in your photo? At this rate, I have 3 months before she gets wet again, I could always switch it out! :!:

I also like the cap idea, the bolts I am using are stainless and I recessed them.

So, I just completed the flush mounting, I stuck with the white...now on to the T-Top.
Thanks again for the suggestions. Once I have her all together, I will post a few pics in the new member board.

Attachments

• IMG_8720.jpg
    IMG_8720.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 166
Back