2100 SE trolling motor install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeDaysOff

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 2017 2100 SE. I’d like to install a Minn Kota trolling motor and I have some questions for those of you that can help.

1. I keep the boat in a slip. There is a single cleat on the bow. Has anyone had trouble with the mounting location and , if so, did you add cleats to the port and starboard sides to avoid problems with the dock lines? Or did you mount the motor offset to on side or the other?

2. Where did you mount the batteries? In order to avoid a veto from the wife, I need to keep the porta potty under the console. I’m looking at a 36V.

3. Shaft length?

I installed the 24 volt ulterra this spring. I don't have the single cleat, but rather a port and starboard cleat. The issue I had was mounting with the quick disconnect platform that MK sells, I had to raise it up another inch with starboard as the U shaped wire wouldn't go in because of Nav light in front, and cleat on opposite side. A single cleat would be better, and pop up would be best. I built a fiberglass box that I mounted up forward against bow bulkhead on the deck, that houses 2 batteries and charger. This adds quite a bit of weight up front, and water will pool up front.(2) 65# batteries, 30-40 pound glass and plywood box and the TM itself. If fishing Up in bow and its raining, the water accumulates up there, as well as at the slip. If running 3 batteries, you would be best with batteries amidship. (IMO). I'm using the 60" shaft and works just fine, and off center to starboard so as the TM stores going down Port gunnel. The batteries that far forward does help keeping bow
Down while utilizing the TM , but if the batteries are amidship, I'd probably want the
72"

Back