2100SE draft question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandBreeze

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a new 21SE to replace my 2002 Hewes Redfisher18. I run inshore charters and had to turn away several clients this summer due to not having enough space on the Hewes. I went and looked at a 2100SE a couple of days ago and really liked the layout and space it had. The only problem with it might be how shallow it will go and the ability to mount a trolling motor on the bow. Can some of you 21SE owners give me an idea of what the real world draft of this hull is? Any help is greatly appreciated.

bump for a legit question. Wish I knew the answer for you, but there are a lot of 2100SE owners on here it seems.

If this helps at all:

My 23se with a 225 trimmed out of the water floats off a sandbar with no waves causing fluctuation in 24 inches of water with NO issues...I am sure I could have it floating in less.

Islandbreeze,

have you seen the Parker 2100 Big Bay,I think that will suit your needs best as I think that boat should go shallower even though it says 10 inch draft as does the 2100SE.

Robert

Megabute,

Yes they both have a 10 inch draft,but it seems to me (I have never been on big bay) that the Big Bay should be able to get back into the Marsh easier and in shallower waters,I don't know,but just looks like it.

robert

Robert Cibran":3dde21va said:
Yes they both have a 10 inch draft,but it seems to me (I have never been on big bay) that the Big Bay should be able to get back into the Marsh easier and in shallower waters,I don't know,but just looks like it.

You are probably correct as that was what it was built for. :wink:

I've looked at both the 21SE and the 21 Big Bay on the Parker site, both have a published draft of 10" but so does the Redfisher 18 on the hewes site. With the motor trimmed up the RF 18 will float in less than 10" with 2 people, half tank fuel, fishing gear, livewell full of bait, etc.
I've only been able to see the 21SE on the hoof, none of the Parker dealers in my area have a 21 Bay on the lot. The 21SE would be great for running to near shore wrecks for Spanish and slow trolling for Kings, and as long as it can really get into 10" it would be perfect for what I need it for. I'm going to trial one next week to see how it rides and check on how to mount a trolling motor on the bow.

I have had a 21SE hull for 10+ years. I fish in shallow water in the winter here in the keys. It is not a flats boat. I can fish in less than 24" of water. When I am in 10" of water here I am aground. :)

Capt Bill, my wife, son and I fished with you down on Cudjoe Key right after I retired from the military in 2004. My kid caught a nice Wahoo with you that day. Is that the same boat we fished out of? I knew it was a Parker, but could not remember which model.
I've been running a Albemarle 242CC outside and the Hewes inshore for the last 2 years here in NC. I'm trying to get down to one boat to cover most of my fishing needs, but it's hard finding one boat to cover both inshore and offshore.

Same boat sir. Same hull as the 21SE but a commericial hull meaning no rear boxes in the cockpit, no non-skid on the deck and a different rubrail. It has the large console from a 23SE.

Offshore here starts 5 miles from the headpin. No inlets to run like NC. Offshore we can usually find fish inside of 25 miles and many days inside of 15 miles. One boat here for offshore and the next day the backcountry works for me here in the Keys.

That being said, going from an Albemarle 24CC to a Parker 21SE for offshore in NC??? :shock: Maybe you could ask Debbie to slap you silly. HA

Bill, we do love the way the Albe rides but 95% of my clients want to fish inshore or only want to run 5-10 miles outside the inlet for Spanish and Kings. There were plenty of dolphin and a few sails between 15-20 miles last year and this year. I had to turn away several groups this summer simply due to lack of space.
I figured the 21SE would handle both inside and outside pretty well, just have to pick the days for running outside the inlet. Most of the people I get wont want to go out if the seas are over 2 ft anyway.
Debbie has plenty of reasons to slap me silly, I dont need to give her another one. :mrgreen:

I have one that I use to fish both inshore and 20 or so miles offshore. It is a great all around boat. The 21 Big Bay is basically a 21SE hull with the sides cut down and a liner on the inside. Not quite as much room on the inside and not much freeboard. You can get in 2' of water ok. I have planed mine off in 2.5' of water. A trolling motor would be nice. They work great on them. It would need a 60" shaft 80lb thrust.

Just got done running in 12" of water in my 21SE. I do have a Bobs Machine Shop Jack Plate. It will run in 10"-12". Just got to know where your going and want to be a little deeper coming off the throttle. The one thing you do not want to do is stick a Parker in the mud. I have heard somone talk about using a 60" shaft for trolling motor, it would have to be that and you might still get some cavitation if it were choppy. Might think about dual trim tab motors. I have given plenty of thought too both but have not made a decision.
The 21SE is a good boat with plenty of room.

Back