2120 vs 2320 fuel economy?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what has everyone been getting fuel economy wise with there 2120 or 2320? And what motor is on the boat? I am trying to figure out what my next boat may be.

Thanks
Camron

Hello. I read a post last night comparing these two models. I own a 2012 2120 with Yamaha F150 motor. I have a 43 gallon above deck livewell (450 pounds when full). I have removed my splash guard from the stern and added a Yeti sliding system and 110 qt cooler (when filled with fish and ice, total weight is 280 pounds). I run a reliance prop (factory). full gear, 3 men, my dog, Cruise at 4200 rpm burning 3.0 mpg and see 24 knts via gps. WOT is 5600 doing 33 knts burning 2.4mpg.
Ironic that you posted this question today as I have recently been considering moving up to the 2320. If I were you and budget and storage were not a limiting factor, I'd get the 2320 (much more cockpit space).... My $0.02 only...

Thanks for the info. I am leaning toward the 23 because of the closed transom and outboard on the bracket. My lady was talking about kids last night and she wants to get something with a cabin on it and a decent ride also. I have about 2 years to find something but it usually takes me that long to find a boat I am going to like lol.

Both boats have identical fwd cabins and hull design sans the two ft and full transom. Helm on 2120 is further aft on the pitch axis of the hull which means the perceived ride can actually feel smoother on the shorter hull. But in reality all things being equal the ride is smoother on the 2320 if the helm position was located the same distance relative to the transom.

Kids love riding up front in the v-berth with the front hatch open a couple of inches.......nice air flow even in 95 degree heat. Have to compete with DVD player as it is sometimes hard to get them to come topside to see what's gong on. Fuel consumption is likely a little better in the 21, but an average load of people and gear on a 23 would be overloading the 21 and fuel consumption would increase proportionately.

You'll like either boat. You can tow either with an F150. Probably not going to grow out of a 23 any time soon.

As a disclaimer, I think that my motor is mounted a little to low and thus may be negatively affecting my fuel burn. That said, I've only checked my GPH while at cruise which is 4200 RPM and about 28mph ish in salt water. It reads consistently in the 11GPH range at that RPM. I have the F225 on a 2120. I doubt that number would be much different on a 2320 even with the F250 since they are basically the same motor. Keep in mind this is on a 2006 model and the new 4S's are different. The bottom line, IMO, is that fuel burn between the 2 on most of the used ones should not be that different unless you are comparing a F150 on a 2120 vs a F250 on a 2320. On the brand new 2120's they are using the new F200's as standard and these are again different. You will need to be more specific about which set up/year on each that you are comparing to get the fuel burn answer that you are asking. If this helps, I love the 2120 but if acquisition and storage cost/needs we're not an issue, then I would get the 2320. Basically the same boat from the cabin door to the bow but more deck space and the closed transom.

It's hard for me to imagine fuel economy being a deciding factor between those two boats?

Thank you for the info I have received so far. The sea trial of the two boats is going to be the deciding factor not the fuel economy. I like to have as much information on the two hulls as I can get. Most likley I am going to go with the 2320 because of the closed transom and larger deck space. Ideally I would be looking for a newer model but I will be shopping more based of the condition of the hull and not so much what kind of power is on it.

Jeff, I agree, that would not even be an issue. The boat is what I am looking at, the difference in GPH depending on horse power is minor I would think. Like my Dad use to say, son if they can buy a corvette their not worried about gas. :D

Hey Cameron, I just bought a new 2320 this year, had thought about a 2120, but the 2320 fit my needs better and I have not been un happy with the choice at all! F225 Yamaha, got her up to 44 MPH the other day with 3 guys on board against the tide, all the power I need and then some. Good luck to you! Trolling 5 to 7 MPH, gauge says I am burning 1.2 GPH, not bad in my mind, 44 RPM says I am burning roughly 9.2.

Back