2120 washdown thru-hull?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akholmes

Reaction score
Who has Taken the plunge and drilled thru to add a seacock on their 2120? I've been drawing water through the notched transom for the last few seasons but I'm ready to have water when underway.

Trying to do my due diligence regarding placement etc. Any help appreciated.

Mine was already installed but you can do the job. Just use the correct size hole saw attachment and seal it correctly. I've attached pics of where the factory mounted mine for your reference. Boat is in my driveway for the winter so I can take some exact measurements for you if needed. Also for your reference is the pump they used mounted in the port jump seat. I've removed that pump since this pic was taken. It was working when I removed it and it could use some cleaning up but your welcome to it if you want it? If/when I add a washdown pump back I'll just put a T in the line after the strainer and mount the pump in the bilge. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 355
The 1st thing I would tell you is ......Do Not buy a Sureflow aka No-Flow. The factories install them because they are cheaper....They usually last 1 1/2 to 2 yrs Any of the Jabsco Promax units are much better.

Do you have a livewell and pump / thruhull for that?

i did my 2120, email parker with your vin they will email a drawing where to drill the hole not a big job

Just my opinion on my 2120 a bucket is much faster & better than the salt water wash down i have. I do not use mine at all.
" Bean "

Thanks for the input guys. I'll send my ViN to Parker.. great info there.

What kind of thru hull are you guys using?

I use my washdown right often. Also plan to use it for livewell.

Not sure what's currently installed but I got a new one with my AC kit and it's a Groco FBV-750. I've not done any research on these so I don't know if Groco is a good product or not but it seems like it's well made? You will need one with a scoop on it like this one though so it works well while under way. I had planned to install this new Groco during my current round of projects this year but I may be putting it off until next year with all the other things I need to finish. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 311
Why does Parker put thru hull scoops directly in front of the propeller

It's usually not.

Also plan to use it for livewell.

Then you want to use the scoop and Seacock.....You will need to cut the stem off the scoop some. But this will be determined in your mockup. This is so the flange on the seacock...when tight on the scoop thread is bottomed out on the fiberglass panel.

This is a solid fiberglass [not wood] backing plate and a Rule dual port livewell pump.

The reason you use solid fiberglass is it will not rot......The reason you use a dual port livewell pump is to have only one hole in your hull to allow saltwater to enter.

The secound port is plumbed to the washdown pump. You do not use a washdown pump for a livewell and you don't use a livewell pump as a washdown.

These pumps are designed to do specific things.

The solid fiberglass panel was made.

Review my thread and don't bother calling Parker. Install it on the Port side, as X-ducers usually go on STB side.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=250

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=300

Back