21SE Additional Rod Storage Options

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman

Reaction score
Have a 21SE with a T-Top. Have room for 4 rods in Rocket Launchers attached to the T-Top. There are holders for 4 rods under the gunwales but one holds a boat hook and the other a gaff. Tried carrying rods in the factory installed rod holders in the gunwales but have had a couple rods bounce out. The frame work for the T-Top prohibits me from mounting a rod holder on the side of the console. Has anyone come up with any ideas as to where additional holders can be installed?

Haven't had any bounce out of holders,yikes and interesting. Might be the style of rod and or rod reel that interferrs with seating the rod in holder???
Never had any ,but do know ultra light set ups could could be more prone to. Leash em' up maybe. Go for more in the gunnels. Drill baby Drill I added two(one each side)flush mounted 45* facing directly out in the bow gunnel area. That gave me 6 on the gunnels total. 8-10 is not out of question. One area, as our layouts are different, is in front of console. Maybe not best spot for running but would hold many while on the fish.

POGE
The rods that I lost out of the holders in the gunwales were light weight spinning rods. I keep my boat on a lift and rods stored in the gunwales have to be laid on the floor of the boat when docking. They are then under foot if I should have to move around while docking. I could add additional rocket launchers to the front of my T-Top (the clip on type). However, the tube aluminum is large diameter and I haven't found any mountable rocket launchers that would work. The front of the seat/cooler that's directly in front of my console slopes back toward the console. That angle would pose a problem for mounting rod holders. I'm heading back down to FL next week for the winter and I'll have to look things over. Additional under gunwale rod holders would be ideal. Don't know if that doable. Thanks

Back