23 DV Center Console Prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Keith

Reaction score
I have read all the threads on prop's for the 23 DV and it seems the Rev 4
17 and 19 pitch props are the favorites. I went to order one through Ken at Propgods and he recommended a Bravo 1 (4 Blade) for my boat due to the fact I havea 250 HP Suzuki which has a different gearcase gearing than the Yammi's. While I'm waiting for the prop to arrive I thought I would ask if anyone has ttried one?
Old prop is a 3 blade Zuke 16x18, boat ran fine, topped out at 6100 RPM's, but was slow out of the hole and it didnt have much mid-range performance when loaded.
Ken is recommending a Bravo 1, 15 3/4 X 22 for a Suzuki.
All I want is more stern lift and better mid-range performance??? I already installed 12 X 24 trim tabs.
Any comments out there?

I tried the Bravo 22's on my boat. I liked them but felt like it raised the entire boat not just the stern. they arent a true 22 pitch and they are a little smaller diameter than what you currently have. Should get you close to where you want to be. Cant imagine holeshot would be much better. However ken knows what hes talking about. I got my props through him.

Ken has been helpful to me. Remember for $35 you can exchange it, so if Ken recommends the Bravo 1 over the Merc Rev4 (which is an awesome prop), then he must have good reason.

FWIW Suzukis are a total different animal for sure! Do a search on "Harpoon" here, as he has a Suzi 250hp and has done some prop testing. A local guru here in Mass who owns THE best prop tuning shop around here has a Suzi 250hp, on a really heavy boat (26' Sisu, OB on a bracket) and he found the 3-blade Suzi wheel was his best bet, over a 4-blade. But we have ZERO idea which 4-blade wheel, so make no actions based on that comment.

I am quite sure Ken will treat you well! Waiting for my Rev4 to arrive ... but found another boat to buy instead - DOH!

Just tried the Bravo 1, 22" Pitch prop. Boat performed very well. My motor is mounted in the "top hole", or motor is down all the way. Before the prop change I COULD NOT SEE the cavitation plate. I had planned on raising it one hole. However after running with the Bravo I CAN now SEE the cav plate. The boat came on plane a little quicker, I would not say "breath taking", but she did plane out quicker. Also the boat planed at more of a level attitude with virtually no bow rise. My WOT RPM was 5900, down from 6100 with the Zuke prop, and my top speed dropped from 41kts down to 37kts. This is more in line with what I wanted, as I'm not looking for top end speed.This test was with me only on the boat and 40 gallons of gas.
The next test will be with 4 people, 8 scuba tanks and 4 sets of gear, a 172qt fish cooler with ice and misc stuff. In other words, she'll be loaded. I'm hoping for the "stern lift" and no "bow rise" that I'm now getting with this prop, better planning with a load and good mid range performance. Again, not to concerned with WOT speed, just RPM's at the upper mfg recomended range, which is 5500-6100.
I know Grouperjim has run the Rev 4 on his 2300 but he put a Permatrim and switched back to a Mirage (I think). Any one out there with a 2300 or 2310/20 running a Rev 4 that would like to weigh in any thoughts or comments?

That is exactly what i thought when i tried that prop. It raised the entire boat. The mirage seemed to give a slight bow rise. and the rev 4 seemed to just raise the stern. Looking at the specs the Rev 4 is 14.625 diameter and the Bravo is 15.25 which is probably why he recommended the Bravo over the Rev 4. The Mirage Plus at 19 pitch is a 15.25 diameter prop. but if you go up to the 21 it is a little smaller. i found this to be the best prop for cruise speed and economy. I wouldnt think you would have too much of an issue with the stern being heavy with the cc but if thats what you want. You can always try the 19 Mirage or ask Ken what he thinks especially if you run the boat really loaded down most of the time. The only thing that you would have to do at that point is not over rev it when you are light. Or if you have a good prop guy in your area take the 19 mirage plus and have them add cup or have them change the pitch to 20 depending on how high you can rev it up.

grouperjim's current set up (2320/f250)= 18p x15 3/8 3 blade Mirage Plus, Permatrim, 12x18 tabs (lenco actuators bennet blades). always runs heavy load.

Thanks for the input fellows. Tomorrow I am headed offshore and the boat will be loaded, 80 gallons of fuel, 4 divers with gear and tanks and a 172 qt cooler packed with ice ( we all know how ineffective the transom cooler is for holding ice).

I did some more testing today with only myself onboard and fueled up to 85 gallons. I got 6000 RPM's at WOT. My mid range cruise is better, 26 kts @ 4500 and 29 kts at 4800 RPM's (Average, upcurrent and down current) and the boat will stay on plane down to 3800 RPM'sm which is a first ever for me. I cant say the "hole shot" was all that breathtaking but being that there was now bow rise the boat planned out quicker.

The biggest change has been the little to no need of trim tabs at all. The boat really rides level with no bow rise at all.

The biggest test I'm looking for is how will the boat do planning out with a load? Will post the results tomorrow.

BTW
BRADV, thanks for your input but you lost me with this comment
"I wouldnt think you would have too much of an issue with the stern being heavy with the cc but if thats what you want. You can always try the 19 Mirage or ask Ken what he thinks especially if you run the boat really loaded down most of the time. The only thing that you would have to do at that point is not over rev it when you are light."
Are you still running the Rev4 and and if so what pitch.

SEAPUP-does the Permatrim help the boat plane better or can you tell?

Again thanks for all your input

I am running the 19 pitch Rev 4 Still on my boat. My comment was in regards that I didnt think that the cc would be that stern heavy. And the fact that if you tried out a Mirage Plus in the 19 pitch it might over rev at WOT so you would have to make sure you dont over rev. I have my boat propped so that loaded up i can still turn 6000 rpm but when im light ill turn over by 100-200 i just dont run it that high light so its ok.

BradV, thanks for the clarification. With your and Seapup's recomendation, along with the database that GrouperJim started, I think I'll try the Rev 4 19P if the Bravo cant pull the load. Amazing how a different gearcase, i.e Zuke vs Yammi, makes that much of a difference between props.
The 2300 seems stern heavy, I cant compare to the 2310/20 series because I have not been on one. I do store almost all of our dive gear and coolers foward to help compensate for the bow rise.
I'll post the numbers and performance after the trip tomorrow.

Ran the Bravo 1, 22 pitch today. All I can say is :x ! Loaded down with fuel, 4 people, scuba tanks and gear put a strain on the motor. I like the way the boat rides, i.e. more level with no bow rise, but at 4700 RPM's I could only muster 22kts-23kts. And my fuel consumption was horrible, less than 2 MPG. I didnt matter if I ran 4200 or 5000 RPM's, she'd only do around 22kts-25kts max. With the Zuke prop under the same conditions I could run 4800 RPM's, 27-28kts and get 2.2-2.4 MPG. All being said, I think I have to much pitch.
Looks like tomorrow I will call Ken for an exchange. Next with be the Rev 4, guess I'll start at 19" Pitch. I really like how the 4 blade lifts the stern and changes the attitude that the boat planes.
I'll post some pic's soon of our fishing trip. We ended up with 7 "Carolina Size" lobster with a mixed bag of grouper.

Yeah that Bravo is a pretty aggressive prop to swing. I think youll like the Rev 4. I still think that maybe bigger props and a Mirage Plus would be the ticket.

Back