2300DV CC repower with SuZuki DF 250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POGE

Reaction score
If it helps the data base.
Had a Yamaha f250 , prop 151/2 X 17 SS, .
Repower with Suzuki DF250, 16X17 SS and moved Engine up higher one hole from where the Yamy was mounted.
I run kinda light, usually only 2 on board, 2 batts, 100 pound of fishing Gear and stuff, 60 gallons of fuel.

Concur with raising the engine. What a lot of people don't know is that when you add a second engine to a boat, you just ate up 50 of your available HP to drag the skeg in the water. Oftimes the sales folks drop the motor down too far - that's simply IMHO wasting a little more HP. One of the first things I did was raise my motor as well.

I have a 2003 Center Console (I believe the same as a DV - mine has a 21 degree deadrise). I bought it in 2012 from the original owner with 26 hours on it. It has a 2002 Yama/Merc 225 (SN 0000230 - yikes!). The original Yamaha Stainless Series 13" 19 pitch 3 blade was a bear to get on a plane with any kind of boat load. I changed to a Salt Water Series II 15 1/2" 3 blade 17 pitch - noticeable improvement. Unfortunately for our annual trip down the Florida keys where we may load up with folks to go snorkeling, planing was still somewhat of a challenge (light loads fine, only heavy loads an issue).

After talking to a good number of people (including the local prop shop) the general consensus is that for heavy boats with a heavy load and a not high horsepower, you really need blade area to get up on a plane. I finally bought a PowerTech 15" 4 blade 15 pitch - big improvement on planing. I lost a little top end and economy, but it readily planes now.

Back