2310 Connect 6Y8 Gauge to Fuel Level Sender

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bent monkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, after 23 years with my 97 2310 we are upgrading and fixing many items that need attention and I wanted to see how the stock fuel level sender would connect to this 6Y8 pigtail that is from
the back of the gauge. I may even have to install a new sender and if anyone knows if a Moeller or other brand will drop in please let me know. The engine is an F250TXR if that provides any more info.

So the pigtail has 3 connectors, 1 with solid pink and solid black, 1 with pink with black stripe and solid black and the last is solid blue and solid white with a + and - on them. From my limited knowledge I may require a hub but am clueless as far as part numbers and so forth and also is there a way to test the fuel gauge with an OHM meter or other way to ensure it works?

Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_4531.jpg
    IMG_4531.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4532.jpg
    IMG_4532.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
file:///C:/Users/Bobby/Downloads/Selva%206Y8%20Round%20Gauges%20Service%20Manual.pdf

I just went thru this with a customer's fuel gauge not working. I was working on a 6Y5 gauges... They have Bullet connectors...Not the small White block connectors. Normal Fuel sender is Sender is a Pink wire...and a Black GND. It connected to the White at the gauge and a Black.

Remove the sender. Connect a OHM meter to it. Cycle the float.... Should be 240 to 33..... Give or take a few Ohms. If you don't have a Reed style sender.... Measure the depth of the tank and replace the float arm style with a Reed style...Again.... Measure the depth of the tank... This is how you get the correct one.

On a side note: This Boat I have here, doing a bunch of electrical to it... Customer said he was least worried about the FUEL gauge. :0 What the Hell? has 2 small children 3 and 5 and No Sea Tow.

That is the #1 thing I went after. There was a Open in the sender wire some where in the bilge. I just ran new wiring from tank to gauge.

Back