2310 Thru Hull Transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat

Reaction score
Just sold my 2100 and bought a used 2310. Very excited.

Can someone with full transom 2310 confirm you have good enough access to put in 1kw tilted element ducer with 3.75" diameter ducer?

has anyone tried putting the 0 degree tilted element in the center of the hull where the deadrise is flat?

Pat":esf9vk3d said:
has anyone tried putting the 0 degree tilted element in the center of the hull where the deadrise is flat?

I would imagine that if you had room for it, that would work.
It would be worth a call to the factory to ask, before you break out the hole saw though. :)
252-728-5621

I have a 2011 2320 that I installed a thru hull Airmar transducer in the flat that goes from the transom/stern forward about 2'. I talked to Eric from Parker befor installing it, he said it would be ok as long as I went 1' forward from the transom. The install was easy the transducer works great 0-40mph, I had to modify battery tray but no big deal.

WAJSKI":20rinfxu said:
I have a 2011 2320 that I installed a thru hull Airmar transducer in the flat that goes from the transom/stern forward about 2'. I talked to Eric from Parker befor installing it, he said it would be ok as long as I went 1' forward from the transom. The install was easy the transducer works great 0-40mph, I had to modify battery tray but no big deal.

........the pad is definitely the "cleanest" water under the boat at any speed.

Wajski,

Which ducer did you install? Any chance u could attach a pic of the location, as I would like to match that performance?

Thanks everyone for the responses. 8)

I haven't seen the flat Keel or Step pad as it is sometimes called on a Parker.

But the 0deg Airmar B-164 would be a snap to put in or the 0deg B-60.

It would be a perfect place to put one of my custom box's that I make for a B-260 if you want a Higher end X-ducer.

transducer5.jpg

100_2755.jpg

There is a lot of Glass that gets added to it when the box is installed in the boat.

warthog5":3wng1i3x said:
I haven't seen the flat Keel or Step pad as it is sometimes called on a Parker.

Bobby... That would be on the DV boats.
If you see a boat with two lifting strakes, that is a DV. A single lifting strake is an MV.
Out of the water... the keel is flat under the garboard drain of a DV.

Wajski,

Picture from bilge side would be a great reference. I just want to confirm it's in the center on flat part of hull, how far forward from transom and model # of the ducer.

Thanks,
Pat

About 2ft....Where ever you can access it easy from inside and it's not in the way of other things.
Drill a 1/8in pilothole from the inside to the outside. Then a 1/4in hole. Then drill using the holesaw from the outside going in.

http://www.airmartechnology.com/2009/ma ... esults.asp
The SS 60 is available in 0degs for 600watt
The SS 164 is available in 0degs for 1000watt and both are very easy to install.

I'd check with Jim @ BOE for these , but I bet either would have to be ordered. They are not as common as the B 60 or B164

One more thing to add:

When you order the X-ducer. Ask for a "Mix & Match" unit.

What is Mix & Match?

It is a X-ducer that has a 6ft cable on it. Then there is another cable that connects to the X-ducer cable [20?]ft long] and to the head unit that you specify. [Garmin,Furuno, etc,etc]

You ask why do that?

Your planning for the future. Lets say you just bought this Kick-ass Furuno unit and you decide to sell your boat to get a bigger boat. You can keep your Furuno and the new owner can put a Furuno on the boat. But lets say the new owner like Garmin better. All he has to do is change that cable. The X-ducer stays the same.

The Mix & Match cost no more you just have to ask for it....You will not find this info in any book. :)

here are some pictures of my install

Attachments

• 100_3609.JPG
    100_3609.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 679
  • 100_3610.JPG
    100_3610.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 679
  • 100_3611.JPG
    100_3611.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 679
  • 100_3612.JPG
    100_3612.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 679
  • 100_3615.JPG
    100_3615.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 679
  • 100_3693.JPG
    100_3693.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 679
I forgot the transducer is a DST526 for a Standard Horizon CPV550 works great at all speeds, hope this helps. I inatalled it my self no help. :D

That Black Box your using [FF 525] has the capability of 600/1000watts. The X-ducer you choose is a 600watt unit.

I'm not a fan of paddle wheel X-ducers.

Never had a problem with a paddle wheel. I don't have a need for a 1000kw x-ducer talked to the tech from airmar told him max depth where I boat (LakeErie) 200' said 600 was what I should use. I bought the x-ducer for $125 with high speed faring, new in the box.

Yep that'll work....Price was outstanding.

I deal with this stuff like the lights on my Flounder boat. Always looking for a better mouse trap. LOL.

I was doing more research on X-ducers today. Thinking "Chirp" & HD.

Here is a interesting link that most have never seen.

http://www.airmartechnology.com/uploads ... tation.pdf

Thinking about the twin 1000 watt Tilted Elements too. SS270W

warthog5":2tguqavr said:
Thinking about the twin 1000 watt Tilted Elements too. SS270W

That one looks impressive!
I also like that it can retrofit an existing B260.

The 'tilted element pair' is also impressive.
I would consider that for my boat, but my FCV600L would limit me a bit.
The transducer(s) would far outclass the sounder. :)

Good stuff. Thanks for that pdf link!

? as I said I have a S/H CPV550 with FF525 blk box the x-ducer is a S/H DST526=Airmar B744v cross ref a B265 broad band. The ? is is this compatible with my CPV550&FF525 box or dose the unit need to be broadband. Broadband/chirp would give me a much better bottom view from the bottom 6". Thanks for any help Walt

Apologize for resurrecting this thread but I'm back trying to finalize my decision now that the Furuno 587 finally came out.

Since the flat is the best place on the DV hull for transducer location, has anyone put a larger one there like the B260 or SS270W with high speed fairing block? These fairing blocks are ~5" wide and 2 feet long.

The feedback has always been that these are too big for small boats and would cause the boat to pull one way or another like a rudder, but would this also be true if mounted down the center? Would it add to much drag you think?

The tilted pairs will give me the great performance I am looking for, but they are more money, 2 holes and I've continued to see better performance with a thru hull in a fairing compared to the tilted versions.

Appreciate any feedback.

Back